Bowden House School, Seaford, East Sussex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 9 to Lead Practitioners range 13, £48,687 to £53,724|
|Leadership level||Senior Leader|
We require an outstanding, well-qualified Assistant Head to be the Senior Leader with responsibility for student outcomes and achievement. The successful applicant will therefore play a crucial role in helping to ensure that the school is able to fulfil its stated aim of ensuring that each student experiences a challenging, dynamic and relevant education, which enables them to reach their full academic potential and flourish in a rapidly changing world.
The successful candidate will be an outstanding classroom practitioner and demonstrate a passion for continually developing their own pedagogy. They will be able to enthuse, motivate and inspire children, generating a love for learning. They will have experience of leading colleagues to improve whole school outcomes. The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellent leadership, management and communication skills in his/her present role. Good teamwork, high standards and a capacity for hard work will have been at the core of his/her success. S/he will be a creative thinker with an ability and determination to secure high quality outcomes for all students.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Oversee the development, implementation and monitoring of a new attachment aware behaviour management policy.
• Overall responsibility for all day students that are educated at Bowden House School.
• Development of a structured and robust student mentoring program.
• Support the Deputy head Teacher with the day to day running of the school.
• Oversee and develop the academic transition program.
• Develop parental engagement in support of student outcomes.
• Improving the vocational offer for students at Bowden House.
• Lead colleagues on the ELT and academic Lead Teachers in the development of strategies that ensure that the high standards of student achievement across the school are maintained.
Teachers Leadership scale L09-L13
|School type||Special School|
|Education phase||Not Applicable|
|School size||36 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||9 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Bowden House School website (opens in a new window)|
Firle Road, Seaford, East Sussex, BN25 2JB