Assistant Head/ KS1 Leader
The Forest Academy, Barnsley, South Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Lead Practitioners range 5 to Lead Practitioners range 9, £45,319 to £50,026|
|Leadership level||Senior Leader|
Are you ready to take the next step in your career? An opportunity has arisen to join the team at Forest Academy.
We are looking for an experienced KS1 teacher who is full of enthusiasm, ideas and a plain old ‘love of the job’ to join us as an Assistant Head with responsibility for teaching, learning and standards in KS1. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to shape Forest pupils’ curriculum experience across school, increasing pupil enjoyment in reading and writing to ultimately build upon improving standards at Forest.
We are interested in hearing from people who:
• Are experienced, inspirational teachers, with a track record of raising standards
• Are creative, imaginative, committed and passionate about learning and are able to communicate this passion to children and colleagues alike
• Can lead and inspire others
• Have a commitment to working with children who require excellence in all that we do to ensure they thrive.
• Are aspirational about their own career pathway and are committed to professional development
• Are creative, imaginative, determined, resourceful and adaptable
Essential educational requirements
• Degree level qualification
• NCSL training
• Qualified Teacher status
• Evidence of involvement in INSET as a participant and as a provider
• Experience in a leadership and management role in school
• Be a proven outstanding practitioner
Essential skills and experience
• Minimum five years post qualification full time teaching
• Tracking progress & raising the achievement of all pupil groups
• Strategic responsibilities in school leadership and management
• Working with governors & leading the development of a core curriculum area
• The New Ofsted Inspection Framework& the process and place of self-evaluation;
• Planning for the delivery of a broad and balanced curriculum which meets the needs of all learners
• Staff development&Performance Management
• Monitoring&assessment across a key stage
• Participating in a team approach to management, including change management.
• Use vision, initiative&leadership in making change, to enhance&raise standards
• Support the work of colleagues&promote staff development
• Involve staff, parents and governors in the process of establishing a clear and shared set of aims, objectives&values for the school
• Use ICT with confidence and enthusiasm
Wellspring Academy Trust is a growing Multi-Academy Trust with nineteen Academies and five Free Schools in pre-opening. We are committed to making a difference to the lives and life chances of the young people and the communities we serve. Forest Academy work in strong partnership with our sister schools within Barnsley – Oakhill Primary Academy and Oakwell Rise Primary Academy.
Wellspring Academy Trust is an education charity with Academies in the Primary, Secondary, Special and Alternative Education sectors, working with students with challenging behaviour and Social Emotional and Mental Health needs (SEMH). As such, we work with some of the most challenging young people in the system. As the Trust continues to grow our roles offer pathways for ambitious and dynamic individuals who are determined to make a difference. We value our people; collegial working at all levels is central to our culture. High quality induction training and ongoing professional development support are guaranteed. There will be a broad range of opportunities for you to realise your professional vision and ambitions within the Trust.
|School size||328 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Forest Academy website (opens in a new window)|
Thornton Road, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 3NG