Assistant Head of Department - Science
St Augustine's Catholic High School, Redditch, Worcestershire, B97 5LX
This job expired on 20 May 2022 – see similar jobs
Expected start date
1 September 2022
20 May 2022 at 9:00am
11 May 2022
About St Augustine's Catholic High School
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 13 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 988 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in a new tab)
- Contact email
- Contact phone number
- 01527 550400
Saint Augustine’s Catholic High School was established in 1974 by the Archdiocese of Birmingham to serve the needs of Catholic families living in Redditch, Bromsgrove and the surrounding areas and families of all beliefs.
Comments from our most recent Ofsted Inspection in May 2017:
“The Executive Principal and Head of School exude a determination to enable every pupil to achieve his or her potential. Governors, leaders, staff, and pupils all share high expectations for pupil’s achievement and their personal development.”
“A ‘learning culture’ is firmly embedded among pupils. In all subjects, pupils are keen to discuss and debate ideas and approaches. They are eager to find out more, and determined to improve. Not a minute is wasted in lessons, and pupils readily continue their enquiries and endeavours out of class.”
Comments from our recent Section 48 inspection in February 2019.
This is an outstanding Catholic school because:
▪ Catholic Life is a core part of every aspect of school life and its curriculum. Its impact on pupils, by the time they leave the school, is profound.
▪ Religious Education is outstanding. As well as being subject experts, teachers are authentic witnesses to a life of faith and inspire pupils in their learning. At GCSE, the progress of pupils is excellent and sustained. Students achieve well at A Level and value their Core Religious Education programmes.
▪ Collective Worship at the school is outstanding. Provision is well planned and sufficiently varied, enabling pupils to lead and be led. It engages them and inspires them to take the messages it shares into their daily lives and interactions with others.
▪ Leaders have dedicated considerable time to reviewing the mission of the school over the last two years. The Catholic Life of the school has developed significantly as a result. There is a clear vision for the future and further key appointments are planned to sustain this improvement.
Arranging a visit to St Augustine's Catholic High School
For further details and/or to book a visit to the school, please contact the school on 01527 550400.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed