Assistant Head of English
• To take responsibility for the teaching of GCSE and A-Level classes as appropriate to ensure excellent outcomes.
• To be responsible for the design, implementation and impact of agreed Key Stage curricula.
• To take responsibility for the leadership and performance management of specific colleagues as agreed with the Head of Department.
• To support the leadership of whole school reading and literacy strategies.
• To support the Head of Department with departmental development priorities and to deputise as Head of Department in their absence.
• To meet all other expectations of the job description for a classroom teacher at Twynham School.
Essential educational requirements
A degree or equivalent
Qualified teacher status
Essential skills and experience
- A record of excellent classroom practice
- A record of being able to work collaboratively as part of an effective team
- Ability to liaise effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to demonstrate good organisational skills
- Ability to analyse and present data and information coherently
- Exceptional oral and written skills
- Enthusiasm for English
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, a high level of emotional intelligence and emotional resilience in addition to a sense of humour
- Commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- Commitment to equal opportunity
• Teacher Pension
• Cycle to work scheme/Computer Scheme
• Wellbeing Programme
About Twynham School
- Sopers Lane, Christchurch, Dorset, BH23 1JF
- Twynham School website (opens in a new window)