Assistant Head Teacher - Maternity Cover
This job expired on 9 June 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible, however would accept a September 2023 start, for the right candidate
9 June 2023 at 12pm (midday)
11 May 2023
- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - Fixed term/Full time : Maternity cover
- Maternity or parental leave cover - Maternity Cover Contract
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are graded good for our Early Years and personal development and are moving towards good in all other areas.
We would also consider a secondment for the right candidate if you want to develop your leadership skills and return to your current school.
We value our staff team who are creative, flexible and committed to improving the life chances of our children. You will be mainly leadership based with some limited classroom teaching.
Our children are wonderful; they love coming to school and thrive when they build positive relationships with the staff team.
The successful candidate will lead Early years, Key Stage One and Phonics while our assistant head welcomes her new child.
You will be an experienced leader with a proven track record of leading a team and making rapid and sustained school improvement.
NPQML/SL is not necessary, but we are looking for someone who has continued to develop themselves through training or postgraduate studies. You will need to show leadership experience, the ability to manage change and the capacity to communicate a vision, which inspires, grows and challenges the whole school community.
The ideal person will:
- Have experience of teaching phonics and leading colleagues- preferably Read Write Inc. or have a willingness to learn this scheme quickly
- Be experienced in teaching in Early Years and/or Key Stage One, understanding the curriculum in depth, including the expectations of the new Early Years curriculum
- Have experience in leading a team of staff leading to good outcomes and an understanding of how to get the best out of others
- Be passionate and driven to improve outcomes in early reading
- Have high expectations of themselves and others
- Be flexible, proactive and patient
- Be nurturing in their approach
- Be able to communicate effectively within a team
What the school offers its staff
Working within our trust will give you additional benefits including eye care and dental care.
Where possible hand over will be built into the start date. We will also invest in training and support during the placement.
If you want to chat informally about the role before application, please call to speak to the head teacher Lorraine Ratcliffe
Culture and ethos:
- Proactively promote and demonstrate the Diocese’s vision and values in all aspects of work
- Challenge, motivate and empower others to set high aspirations and attain ambitious outcomes
- Treat everyone as a valued individual who is loved by God
- Promote and demonstrate a culture of continuous improvement which includes keeping abreast of educational developments and best management practice
- Work collaboratively developing the concept of family across the Trusts and their academies
- Ensure regular open and honest communication in all professional duties
- Recognise the importance of serving the wider community and promoting inclusivity.
- Undertake such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time as are consistent with the responsibilities of the grade.
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job specification are indicative and may vary over time. Postholders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and scope of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.
About The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England, ages 3 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 386 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to The Bishop's Church of England Primary Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Stretham Community Primary School
Wood Lane, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3JN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Norfolk