Assistant Head Teacher to lead the Ramsbury English Hub
Ramsbury Primary School, Marlborough, Wiltshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||L4 to L8|
Ramsbury Primary School, near Marlborough, is looking for an Assistant Head Teacher to lead the Ramsbury English Hub.
We are proud to be one of the 34 schools nationwide to be awarded the English Hub status from the Department of Education. We have been recognised for our excellence in teaching and learning, and now support other schools to raise standards. Our English Hub is in its second year and in this time, we have successfully supported over 150 schools in Wiltshire, Swindon and beyond.
This is a full-time position starting in September 2020 or January 2021.
Salary: L4 – L8.
Contract type and term: Full time and fixed term linked to English Hub funding.
Closing date for applications is 9am on 12th June 2020, with interviews taking place at the end of June.
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced teacher, who is highly motivated and forward thinking; with a passion and proven track record for early language and literacy teaching, as well as a very secure knowledge of phonics. Having experience and demonstrable success of school to school support is essential. The appointed person will lead the exisiting English Hub Admin and Finance team and our five English Specialists; as well as working with the school’s SLT to achieve the very best outcomes for all children, in Wiltshire, Swindon and beyond.
The role is currently based upon delivery of the DfE’s three priority areas: ‘Developing early reading through systematic, synthetic phonics’, ‘Developing early language and closing the word gap’ and ‘Promoting a love of reading’, focusing on Reception and Year 1; but it will evolve.
Due to the nature of the role, the responsibilities may be subject to change following guidance from the DfE, and as such we are looking for someone who is ready for a challenge and excited about the opportunities this role will bring.
Currently, the role involves:
• Leading and developing the team of five English Specialist Teachers in their role supporting schools, as well as leading the English Hub Admin and Finance Team.
• Coordinating the work of the English Specialist Teachers and overseeing the impact of the school to school support.
• Being committed to establishing, leading and maintaining links with a number of schools whilst supporting them to develop the teaching and learning of phonics, early reading and a love of reading.
• Establishing an effective system to identify and engage eligible schools through the development of a self-referral system and audit tool.
• Supporting schools to improve the teaching and learning of phonics, predominantly. This currently includes writing of Action Plans and leading the audit process in other schools.
• Liaising with the English Hub Strategic Lead (Ramsbury’s Head Teacher) and the Admin and Finance Team to collate the information needed to meet the deadline for the monthly progress and financial reports to the DfE.
• Attending training and liaising with the English Hub Training Centre to ensure excellence in delivery.
• Liaising with a wide range of leaders and professionals across a variety of schools and settings to widen participation, encourage access and positive engagement with the work of the English Hub.
• Organise and lead outreach to all schools in the Ramsbury English Hub catchment, to include showcases at Ramsbury School, workshops and conferences.
In addition to supporting children in other schools, this role will also focus on developing English throughout our school and ensuring we are ready for the next steps in our role as Ramsbury English Hub.
We are a very successful one-form entry school situated in a lovely, thriving and supportive village, easily accessible from Swindon (20 minute drive) or East Wiltshire.
If you are interested in the role and would like further information and an application pack then please email email@example.com with a contact telephone number.
Ramsbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||200 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Ramsbury Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About Ramsbury Primary School
We are a very successful, Ofsted rated Outstanding, one-form entry school situated in a lovely, thriving and supportive village, easily accessible from Swindon (20 minute drive) or East Wiltshire.
Back Lane, Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8 2QH