|Working pattern||Full-time only|
School: All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy
Pay scale: Leadership Spine 11 -15
Start date: 1st January 2021
Closng date: 21 September 2020, 9.00 am
All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy is looking to make a permanent appointment to the Senior Leadership Team following our colleague’s promotion to Deputy Headteacher.
All Saints’ is a welcoming and successful Catholic Academy, aiming to provide a first-class Catholic education for all our students. We are a ‘family’ where respect and care are of paramount importance. Located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire’s largest Georgian Market Town, we have excellent road links to both the M1 and A1 and extensive public transport links via road and rail.
We are a friendly and inclusive school irrespective of Faith, however the successful candidate will support and contribute to the Catholic ethos of our school. You will play a lead role in ensuring that our ethos is central to our culture and everyday practices
This is an exciting opportunity to work alongside the Leadership Team and support the Headteacher in achieving the strategic vision of the school. Our most recent Ofsted Report rated the Effectiveness of Leadership and Management as “Outstanding”.
We will offer you:
• a school with an excellent reputation (OFSTED ‘Good’ January 2017; Diocesan Canonical Inspection ‘Good’ January 2020). The school is consistently oversubscribed with first preferences
• enthusiastic and ambitious students who are keen to learn
• a school which is fully staffed by a dedicated, well qualified teaching and support team committed to supporting the school and its students
• the benefits of The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance giving you access to first class CPD opportunities and the opportunity to be able to lead CPD for the Teaching School Alliance
• excellent career progression opportunities for those aspiring to Headship and possible participation in the Trust’s Leadership Academy.
• a highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body and Multi-Academy Trust Leadership Team
• a school on a sound financial footing
To be successful you will:
• be an enthusiastic, outstanding teacher, who can demonstrate strong leadership skills and who has vision, drive and ambition for our students
• be prepared to work hard to ensure that all students in the school excel from whatever their starting point
• be fully committed to going above and beyond to ensure our students receive the very best in terms of opportunity, education and care.
• be able to contribute to the wider work of the Senior Leadership team in seeking to continuously improve the quality of the school ensuring that we fulfill our school mission
Our school is part of the Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Multi-Academy Trust which brings together the 21 Catholic Primary and Secondary schools in Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire. Our priority is to ensure the very best Catholic Education for all young people in our community, whatever their circumstances. We will achieve this together, through a strategic approach to sharing best practice, effective challenge and support from a central standards and performance team and opportunities for high quality Continuing Professional Development offered by the CMAT’s teaching school, The Nottingham Catholic Teaching School Alliance.
To submit an application, please include a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the Job Description and Person Specification and an additional single side of A4 summarising the impact of your work as a school leader in your current/recent roles.
Interview Date: To be arranged
The Trust and All Saints’ Catholic Voluntary Academy are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks are required for successful applicants. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sectors of the community including those of all faiths and none, who are supportive of the Trust’s Catholic character and Christian ethos.
Excellent CPD package via the Nottingham Teaching School Alliance
Applying for the job
To submit an application, please complete the Catholic Education Service application form and include a supporting statement of no more than two sides of A4 outlining how you fulfil the requirements of the Job Description and Person Specification and an additional single side of A4 summarising the impact of your work as a school leader in your current/recent roles.
Completed applications to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9.00 am on Monday 21 September 2020.More on how to apply
- Assistant Headteacher job description.docx  0.08 MB
- Consent to obtain references.docx  0.04 MB
- Assistant Headteacher person specification.docx  0.13 MB
- Senior Leadership Application Form.docx  0.06 MB
- Notes to Applicants.pdf  0.16 MB
- Recruitment monitoring form.docx  0.05 MB
- Recruitment privacy notice.docx  0.07 MB
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||1056 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy
All Saints’ is an 11-18 Catholic Academy in Mansfield but serves a very wide area from Worksop in the north of the county to Newark in the south. The school achieved a very successful Ofsted report in 2017 – we were graded good with some areas of the school seen as outstanding. Behaviour and standards were highly commended by Ofsted.
The Academy’s ethos reflects firm gospel values; we should use our God given talents to ensure we do the best we possibly can and the drive to be the best possible individual is key to our success. The Academy motto is “We Shall Serve” and as such the school fosters a view that students are here in school to serve themselves by doing the best they possibly can and to serve others by supporting within the school community and outside through their daily work.
Some of our current students represent their regional and national teams in football, rugby, swimming and cricket for boys and girls. Performing Arts is another vibrant area in our school. We have two major productions every year with some fantastic reviews and our drama students run workshops with all our feeder primaries. We have our own 4th Wall theatre company which leads the productions with a growing reputation in the local and regional area.
School results at both Key Stage 4 and 5 place the school as the best in Mansfield and one of the best in North Nottinghamshire. A recent best schools guide survey put All Saints’ as the 4th best in the whole of Nottinghamshire. Our sixth form has an excellent reputation and offers mainly A levels across a wide range of subjects.
Arranging a visit to All Saints Catholic Voluntary Academy
Unfortunately visits to school are not encouraged at this time.
Broomhill Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 6BW