Assistant Headteacher and Head of English Faculty & Whole School Literacy
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, to assist the Headteacher with the leadership and management of Langley School in order to achieve the highest possible academic and personal development outcomes for our students
As Head of the English Faculty, to be accountable for leading, managing and developing the Faculty to ensure that teacher inputs, student progress and attainment outcomes are the highest possible.
As Whole School Literacy leader, promote literacy across the curriculum; track literacy progress and co-ordinate Literacy Interventions and measure their impact.
Essential educational requirements
• English related degree qualification
• Evidence of recent continuing professional development
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Are you passionate about working at whole-school level, developing your senior leadership skills to inspire, support, challenge and enthuse students and colleagues to be the best that we can be? Our new Assistant Headteacher / Head of English & Whole School Literacy post is a golden opportunity for an outstanding practitioner with the following skills to make their mark. If you have:
• Clarity of vision and can turn that into reality through planning for, monitoring and delivering success
• Excellent organisational skills
• Skills to support, nurture and challenge staff and students
• Sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
• Evidence of strategic thinking and understanding ‘the big picture’
• Ability to enthuse learners and colleagues with timely, accurate, constructive and aspirational feedback on attainment, progress and areas for development
..then look no further than Langley - a warm welcome awaits!
Leadership Group Pay Range L14-L18
About Langley School
- Kineton Green Road, Solihull, West Midlands, B92 7ER
- Langley School website (opens in a new window)