Barnes Farm Infant School, Chelmsford, Essex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£41,065 to £45,319|
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate, highly motivated and inspirational teacher to join our Senior Leadership Team from September 2020. You will be able to demonstrate excellent strategic leadership skills and have a proven track record of improving standards. The successful candidate will be the subject lead for a core subject. This is a class-based role with weekly leadership time allocated.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an outstanding teacher with consistently high expectations of themselves and their colleagues who is able to achieve excellent results.
• Have proven leadership and management skills and is able to demonstrate how initiatives have had a positive impact in their current setting.
• Have the ability to inspire and motivate pupils to raise attainment across all ability ranges.
• Be flexible, well organised individual able to use their own initiative and work to deadlines.
• Have excellent communication skills and can build positive relationships with colleagues and parents.
• Be ability to work together as a team to empower staff in a caring and supportive manner.
• Show a willingness to embrace the school’s values and be fully involved in the life of the school and the community.
• Be passionate about the pursuit of excellence and creating the best possible learning opportunities for our pupils.
• Be a reflective practitioner, committed to your own professional development
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
• Contribute to the Leadership Team decisions on all aspects of policy development and organisation by playing a significant role in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of the School Improvement Plan/Single Plan.
• Support the Headteacher in providing a clear vision and direction for the development of the school.
• Work with the Headteacher to set challenging targets for the attainment and progress of pupils in each year group.
• Be a strong advocate for change and champion school improvement.
• Convey a positive “can do” attitude, motivate and inspire staff and present a ‘united front’ to secure successful outcomes of school initiatives
• Plan, organise and chair meetings with other leaders in order to ensure school policies and practices are being implemented (this includes those planned as part of the weekly staff meeting sessions).
• Lead Key Stage meetings with EYFS Lead and KS1 Lead to ensure consistency of approach across the school.
Employee Assistance Programme
School and Trust CPD
|School size||245 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 7|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Barnes Farm Infant School website (opens in a new window)|
Henniker Gate, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6QH