- Leadership Scale – L4-L8 - £45,434 - £50,151
Assistant Headteacher job summary
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is a highly successful Multi Academy Trust (MAT) encompassing six secondary schools, 13 primary schools, a Teaching School Hub, and School Centred Initial Teacher Training provider. Our schools are based in North Birmingham, Tamworth, Lichfield, North Warwickshire and Coventry.
Leading on (in the first instance) wider inclusion and pastoral provision. This would include:
• Working closely with the school SENDCo to secure excellent outcomes for SEND pupils;
• Improving attendance for key groups (PP/SEND);
• Developing and Enhancing the provision for children in receipt of Pupil Premium;
• Being the Designated Teacher for LAC and
• Overseeing the strategic work for Pastoral provision and wider enrichment.
Full Time, Permanent
Required for September 2022
A vacancy for an Assistant Headteacher has arisen within our Multi Academy Trust. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and outstanding practitioner to work collaboratively with our Headteachers and leadership teams to support strategically in the leadership and management of our schools.
Salary: Leadership Scale – L4-L8 - £45,434 - £50,151
Location: Brookvale Primary School, Mallard Drive, Erdington, Birmingham B23 7YB
Start Date: 1st September 2022
What you will need to succeed:
• To share our passion for wanting the very best for our students and schools
• Be committed to keeping our students safe
• To be a talented leader looking to extend your experience or an ambitious middle leaders seeking your first senior leadership post
• Be highly motivated and passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with the natural ability to inspire and motivate both pupils and peers
• Be an outstanding teacher and leader
• Be emotionally intelligent with the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders
• Excellent people manager who is able to motivate and develop the teams you lead
• The ability to work in a fast paced, challenging yet always rewarding role
What you will get in return:
• Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we invest in your development through training, mentoring and progression opportunities across our schools and Teaching School Hub
• The opportunity to join our team of leading education experts and propel your career to the next level
• A competitive salary
• Competitive pension scheme (Teachers’ Pension Scheme)
• Three Professional Development Days
What you need to do now:
For an application pack please visit our website: https://atlp.org.uk/vacancies/
To arrange an informal chat about the role or school visit, please contact Mr Stuart Day on 0121 356 9973 or through the school office email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed applications should include an application form and a letter of application no more than 2 sides of A4 outlining: How would you develop/enhance inclusive practices across school so that all pupils achieve excellent outcomes and have access to high-quality enrichment opportunities?
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Please note we do not accept CV’s; applications will only be considered if received on an ATLP application form.
Closing date: 12:00pm Thursday 19th May 2022
Interviews: Tuesday 24th May 2022
We continue to adhere to the government’s advice and guidance for education settings, ensuring appropriate risk assessments are in place to allow for safe working practices.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020). This means that certain convictions and cautions are considered ‘protected’ and do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, employers cannot take them into account. Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found on the Ministry of Justice website:
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent English is an essential requirement of the role.
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership (ATLP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject pre-employment checks, including enhanced DBS, prohibition check, qualifications (where applicable), medical fitness, identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references which will be sought prior to interview. The ATLP is an equal opportunities employer.
Please find a link to our safeguarding policy which we would encourage you to read prior to applying to work in our organisation ATLP-Safeguarding-and-Child-Protection-Sept-2021-FINAL.pdf
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.