(L5-L9) £47,737 - £52,568
Our ideal candidate will be an EYFS leader, existing or aspiring Assistant Headteacher who has experience of either EYFS phase or year group leadership and who is looking to take the next step in their career towards school leadership. We are looking for an individual who:
• Has successful experience of teaching EYFS.
• Can lead, manage and develop the curriculum delivered to all pupils in the EYFS.
• Can lead and develop the practice of staff working in the EYFS.
• Can establish good relationships, encouraging good working practices and supporting, challenging and leading teachers and support staff within the EYFS team.
• Communicating with parents about what is happening across the Early Years setting.
• Being responsible and accountable for securing high levels of pupil achievement across the EYFS
• Can address any areas of underachievement and inconsistencies within the EYFS.
• Can support the Headteacher in developing, monitoring and evaluating the curriculum in Early Years.
• Can contribute to strategic and operational decision making in order to establish the vision, ethos and policies of the school.
• Can take responsibility for assessment in Early Years, working closely with the Headteacher to maximise achievement.
• Can work with the Key Stage 1 team to ensure continuity and progression in the curriculum.
• Can monitor the quality of teaching and learning.
• Can establish good professional relationships to promote development and effective delivery of the curriculum and maximise achievement.
• Has agreed whole school areas of responsibility, including an aspect of the School Improvement Plan and the leadership of a curriculum subject.
In return, we can offer the successful candidate:
• a chance to join this evolving school under the direction of the new Headteacher, as it works towards maintaining its status as an Outstanding school.
• excellent opportunities for personal and professional development.
• well-behaved, polite children who genuinely enjoy coming to school and who love learning.
Applying for the job
When applying, please ensure your personal statement addresses the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification. CVs and/or applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted. Please complete our application form.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
503 pupils enrolled
3 to 11
About Castleview Primary School
Castleview Primary School is an outstanding, over-subscribed, two-form entry primary and nursery school in the Borough of Slough. Situated in Langley, near Windsor, Castleview is an Outstanding school set within well-maintained grounds, close to the upcoming Crossrail links at Langley, as well as being a short distance from the M4 and M25 motorways.
Castleview has become the centre of our local community, which we are very proud to serve. We have a talented and committed team and the most wonderful children who have a huge appetite for learning and they describe their school as a ‘fun, safe and exciting’ place.
Arranging a visit to Castleview Primary School
To arrange a school visit, or for further information about this role, please contact Sneeta Summan by emailing email@example.com or calling 01753 810615.