Leadership, SEN specialist
Due to the retirement of our longstanding SENDCO, our Governors are looking to appoint a self-motivated, enthusiastic and innovative professional who is passionate about high quality teaching, and has a thirst for their own learning, to join our hardworking team.
The successful candidate will champion on behalf of pupils and drive for the best possible outcomes for our pupils with SEND, provide vision and professional leadership for colleagues, pupils and families, be responsible for the Line Management of our motivated team of Learning Support Assistants and for the day-to-day management, organisation and administration of all paperwork relating to pupils with SEND, ensuring compliance with national guidelines.
We can offer you:
• friendly, well behaved children who enjoy coming to school;
• a welcoming, supportive, hard-working and motivated staff and governor team, focused on pupil progress and lifelong learning;
• friendly and supportive parents who care about their child’s education;
• a well-resourced forward looking school offering good professional development opportunities;
• a full and thorough induction programme, PPA time with colleagues, a laptop and file sharing for easy access to school documentation;
• membership of a well-established School Led Development Partnership group;
• regular training and solution-focused dialogue and coaching;
• opportunities for leadership development and partnership working with other schools;
• effective systems and structures aimed at reducing workload and ensuring that communication is good.
Our Governors and staff are committed to safeguarding children and promoting the wellbeing of everyone within the Collingwood Family and expect all volunteers and staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to satisfactory references, enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service checks, Safeguarding and medical checks.
Applying for the job
Please refer to the job description and person specification included in the Information Pack attached to this advert, when completing your application form.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
236 pupils enrolled
4 to 11
About Collingwood Primary School
Collingwood Primary School is a happy, popular school with an ethos of care, teamwork and mutual support where children enjoy coming to school because learning is fun.
At Collingwood “we live our lives with minds and arms wide open.”
Arranging a visit to Collingwood Primary School
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by prior arrangement, following current Covid guidelines. Interested candidates are invited to contact Mrs S Wraight or Mrs D De’Ath via email email@example.com to arrange a visit.