L9 - L13 (Fringe area)
CROXLEY DANES SCHOOL
Salary L9 - L13 (Fringe Area)
Required 1st September 2021
Due to the expansion of our school we are seeking to appoint at least two talented, positive and forward-thinking Assistant Headteachers to join our Leadership Team. Successful candidates will offer creativity and imagination with the ability to motivate, challenge and inspire staff and students; combining professional integrity with high expectations of their self and others.
As we grow our SLT, responsibilities will be redistributed. Therefore, flexibility exists to shape the positions according to the successful candidate’s particular experience, skills and interests. The variety of responsibilities available include:
• Curriculum and Extra Curricular Development
• Teaching & Learning
• Pupil Premium provision
• Community & Engagement
• Assessment & Monitoring
• Sixth Form Development
• Staff Appraisal, CPDL and Recruitment
We can offer:
• Talented students and staff
• A role tailored to suit your strengths and interests
• A competitive salary: a five point scale from L9-13 (Fringe Area)
• A low teaching load
• Admission arrangements favourable to children of staff
• A positive working environment within an extremely well-resourced school.
• The support of a highly professional and committed staff team and the opportunity to expand your professional networks beyond the Trust through our external partnerships
• The opportunity to develop your career within an expanding multi academy trust with a track record of excellent student attainment and achievement
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the Teaching School Alliance
We would like you to have:
• Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Evidence of continuing and recent professional development relevant to senior leadership
Knowledge & Experience
• Substantial and successful track record of teaching 11 to 18 including A Level
• A proven track record in whole school leadership or the leadership of a large department/team
• Understanding of current educational issues
• Understanding of effective pedagogy
• Understanding of how data can be used to drive up standards through intelligent intervention programmes
• Passion for education in its widest sense
• Drive, sense of purpose, commitment and perseverance
• Well-developed emotional intelligence
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
• Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of individuals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Enthusiasm, common sense and good humour
• Willingness to reflect on and evaluate performance within the context of a team
• Outstanding classroom practitioner who inspires and is respected by students
• High levels of resilience and optimism
• A natural aptitude to model the Trust’s core behaviours – ‘We display transparency, kindness and respect in all our interactions with others, and support each other in all our endeavours. We are tenacious in our desire to make the difference together’.
• Ability to lead by example, take responsibility and to be accountable
• Ability to inspire others to follow through strong communication skills, good influencing skills and clear thinking.
• Ability to hold people to account effectively
• Proven solution-provider
• Intellectual curiosity
The Trust is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Tours of the School Site
We have arranged opportunities for tours of the school on Tuesday 6th April and Thursday 8th April. To book into a tour, please contact Dawn Gamble, (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Opportunity to work in a brand new school that opened in Sep 2020
Fringe area salary
Applying for the job
How to make an application:
• The Appointment Brief contains a job description and a wealth of information to inform your application. To apply please complete the Danes Educational Trust Leadership Application Form which can be downloaded from the school website
• Please submit your application form with a letter of application (of no more than two sides of A4, minimum font size 11) detailing:
o How your skills, knowledge and experience match the school’s requirements for the post of Assistant Headteacher
o Your strategy for developing your potential areas of whole school responsibility over the next 3 years
• Completed applications to be emailed to Dawn Gamble, Recruitment Manager, by 9.00am on Monday 12th April 2021. Please email to email@example.com
• Interviews will take place across two days: 15th and 16th April 2021
Website: www.croxleydanes.org.uk. / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
School Address: Baldwins Lane, Croxley Green, Hertfordshire WD3 3LR
Danes Educational Trust Address: C/o St Clement Danes School, Chenies Road, Chorleywood, Hertfordshire WD3 6EW
Tel: Dawn Gamble 01923 589699 / 07917 035962
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
477 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Croxley Danes School
Thank you for your interest in Croxley Danes School.
This is an extremely exciting time to join Croxley Danes School as in September 2020, the school opened its brand new permanent accommodation at Baldwins Lane in Croxley Green, including a building with a capacity for over 1200 students. The permanent site for the school comprises 12.3 hectares. This far surpasses the need for a six form entry school, therefore the space afforded to the students on site is, compared to other local schools, second to none. Furthermore, the permanent school building has been meticulously designed to ensure both students and staff experience a first-class learning environment. More details about (and images of) the permanent site can be found here
The Danes Educational Trust currently comprises five schools: St Clement Danes School, Croxley Danes School, Chancellor’s School, Onslow St Audrey’s School and De Havilland Primary School. Dr Josephine Valentine OBE is the CEO of the Danes Educational Trust. She was Headteacher of St Clement Danes School for 20 years. She is a National Leader in Education, a DfE Advisor and has oversight of all five schools. If appointed, you will benefit from teaching within an established, outstanding Trust whilst also contributing to the education of the first cohorts of students in a new school at an exciting stage in its development.
We are heavily over-subscribed with 660 students across Years 7-10 who are aspirational, confident and have excellent attitudes to learning. They are extremely proud of being the first cohorts of students in a brand new school and excited about the future. Staff overwhelmingly report that they are delightful to teach and fun to have in the classroom. Their behaviour is excellent.
We look for talented and committed people and work hard to keep them, helping them to reach their full potential. In return we offer exceptional CPD both within the Trust and through the Herts & Bucks Teaching School Alliance.
You should possess excellent communication and organisational skills, be hard working, flexible and professional. You should have high expectations of students, colleagues and yourself, displaying energy and enthusiasm in and out of the classroom, contributing to the school’s overall success. A willingness to contribute to other areas of school life would be welcome.
The staff team is a happy and stable one; the students are capable, conscientious and self-motivated learners. Have a look at our website's news pages to get a taste of the student experience or follow us on Twitter @croxleydanes. You can also watch our students' video below which was prepared for last year's Open Day in September. The school is close to beautiful countryside - Google images of the Chess Valley for a taste - and on the Metropolitan line into London. A few minutes from Jct 18 of the M25, the school is close to towns regularly voted as some of the best places in the UK to live and raise a family and, although an affluent part of the country, there is plenty of affordable housing in nearby Watford and its surroundings.
I want Croxley Danes School to be outstanding and a strong part of the local community. If you share our commitment to educational excellence, we want to hear from you. If you choose to apply for a job with the Trust, you will join a happy, successful team whilst making a wise investment in your future career.
If you would like to organise a visit to the school or if you would like to discuss any position in more detail then please contact Dawn Gamble (Recruitment Manager) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Danes Educational Trust
The Trust’s core values are:
We value joy in working, teaching and learning together
We encourage everyone within our Trust to feel optimistic about the future and how they can shape it
We support all individuals in developing resilience to enable them to respond to change and grow as a result
We value and support the wellbeing of all individuals who learn and work in our schools
We provide equality of opportunity and experience for all
We provide a safe and secure learning environment for all
Websites – www.croxleydanes.org.uk / www.daneseducationaltrust.org.uk
MR S THOMPSON
Arranging a visit to Croxley Danes School
Please contact Dawn Gamble - email@example.com