- Early years
- L4 - L8
Assistant Headteacher - EYFS job summary
Following the retirement of the current post-holder we are currently recruiting an Assistant Headteacher - EYFS
The Assistant Headteacher will be part of the Academy strategic leadership team and work closely with the individual Academy Headteacher and leadership teams, as well as CEO and COO.
The ability to work in collaboration with others within the setting and beyond is a pre-requisite of the job and you will work with the Academy Leadership team in shaping the vision for the Academy within the vision for the Trust.
Steel City Schools Partnership seeks an Assistant Headteacher who will:
● Teach an EYFS class to a high standard and model exceptional teaching in order to further improve outcomes at EYFS
● Lead one of the academy key priority areas based on the Ofsted framework (linked to EYFS)
● Be responsible for the leadership and development of EYFS
● Strategically lead the work of a curriculum subject
● Secure the long term success of the academy by maximising potential through the skills and resources available from across the academy, the trust and beyond.
● Build leadership capacity in the academy, including line management responsibilities
● In collaboration with the CEO and Headteacher, articulate and role model a clear vision for the academy within the trust for the development of education to meet the demands of a rapidly changing agenda, one which we are shaping ourselves
● Provide leadership and management which enables the Trust to give every child high quality education and which promotes the highest possible standards of achievement and attainment
● Contribute to the work of Steel City Schools Partnership and our wider partners
● Deliver specialist continuous professional development across the partnership at all levels
● Work with the Trust in its development of a primary phase transformation model and in its current period of growth.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Mansel Primary
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 468 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Mansel is an effective school (Ofsted Good- January 2017) in the north of the city serving the Parson Cross estate.
Approximately 62% of the pupils are deemed to be disadvantaged yet despite this challenge, has recorded very strong outcomes.
The school has benefited from strong leadership and governance.
Mansel works closely with the neighbouring secondary school and is a targeted English Hub (Whiston Worrygoose) network school for early reading and phonics.
Similar jobs nearby
Woodseats Primary School
Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S8 0SB