- Early years, KS1
- L4 - L8
Assistant Headteacher job summary
Following the retirement of the current post-holder we are currently recruiting an Assistant Headteacher - EYFS / KS1 - at Fox Hill Primary,
Salary L4 – L8 (£45,434 - £50,151)
The Assistant Headteacher will be part of the Academy strategic leadership team and work closely with the individual Academy Headteacher and leadership teams, as well as CEO and COO.
The ability to work in collaboration with others within the setting and beyond is a pre-requisite of the job and you will work with the Academy Leadership team in shaping the vision for the Academy within the vision for the Trust.
Steel City Schools Partnership seeks an Assistant Headteacher who will:
● Teach an EYFS / KS1 class to a high standard and model exceptional teaching in order to further improve outcomes at EYFS / KS1
● Lead one of the academy key priority areas based on the Ofsted framework (linked to EYFS)
● Be responsible for the leadership and development of EYFS and KS1
● Strategically lead the work of a curriculum subject
● Secure the long term success of the academy by maximising potential through the skills and resources available from across the academy, the trust and beyond.
● Build leadership capacity in the academy, including line management responsibilities
● In collaboration with the CEO and Headteacher, articulate and role model a clear vision for the academy within the trust for the development of education to meet the demands of a rapidly changing agenda, one which we are shaping ourselves
● Provide leadership and management which enables the Trust to give every child high quality education and which promotes the highest possible standards of achievement and attainment
● Contribute to the work of Steel City Schools Partnership and our wider partners
● Deliver specialist continuous professional development across the partnership at all levels
● Work with the Trust in its development of a primary phase transformation model and in its current period of growth.
In return Steel City Schools Partnership can offer you:
● Wonderful children.
● An innovative leadership team to support school to school improvement.
● Keen and well-motivated staff teams who are eager to learn and involve themselves in all aspects of academy and trust life.
● A warm, welcoming ethos based on collaboration, care and respect for all.
● Parents who are keen to engage with and contribute to their children’s learning.
● Strong links within our Family of Schools and our wider community of schools.
● The opportunity to co-create, implement and share new and innovative practice as the Trust enters its next stage of growth.
● A fully supportive Board of Trustees and a Local Governing Body, committed to improving outcomes for all.
● The challenge of shaping and implementing an academy, with the support of the CEO, Headteacher, Board of Trustees and Local Governing Body, into the new world.
Please note that successful candidate will be appointed to the Trust and as such can be deployed at any site across the Partnership as directed by the CEO. In the first instance this role will be based at Fox Hill Primary. It is expected that the successful candidate will take up post from September 2022.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Fox Hill Primary
- School type
- Academy, ages 3 to 11
- School size
- 342 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 3 to 11
Fox Hill is a successful school (Ofsted Good - July 2019) in the north of Sheffield serving predominantly the Fox Hill estate.
The school has approximately 57% of the cohort deemed disadvantaged pupils and also hosts an Integrated Resource base for 24 pupils with ‘complex and multiple’ special educational needs. The school was rehoused in a new building in 2015.
Fox Hill works closely with the local secondary school and is a targeted English Hub (Whiston Worrygoose) network school for early reading and phonics.