- £70,552 - £77,001
Assistant Headteacher job summary
WE ARE A “GOOD’ SCHOOL” (Ofsted March 2017)
We are seeking an exceptional, inspirational and hard-working individual to join our well- established and highly effective senior leadership team.
The person appointed will be principally responsible for leading on all aspects of Continuing Professional Learning and the further development of our already well-established approach to effective teaching.
In common with all SLT at George Green’s, the successful candidate will also contribute to all aspects of both long-term planning and the day-to-day management of the school – and will themselves be an outstandingly effective teacher.
Our school is a values-driven organisation. Our overriding ambition is to be an exceptional school, characterised by high expectations, inclusion and anti-racism. We want every young person at our school to live happy, safe and economically secure lives. We expect every one of our students to be a change-maker, with an uncompromising commitment to social justice. Everybody who works at George Green’s School believes in our mission to teach our students to be the best possible people they can be.
We are a UNICEF Rights Respecting School Gold award winner, which means that the rights of the child are at the heart of everything we do. We already have very high levels of academic success, with excellent exam outcomes in Key Stage 4 and 5, and we are restless for further improvement. We are a traditional school with a traditional approach to curriculum and behaviour. Most importantly, we are a happy school, where children from a wide mixture of backgrounds thrive and flourish on a daily basis.
We want our students to be the best people they can be, so only the best is good enough for them.
We are seeking an Assistant Headteacher who will be able to demonstrate the following:
• A complete and unwavering understanding of and commitment to the George Green’s School values and the power of education as a tool for social transformation
• Outstandingly strong teaching skills, with high levels of expertise in pedagogy, learning and teaching
• An understanding of and absolute commitment to furthering the personal growth of all members of the school community, students as well as staff.
• A wealth of experience of direct relevance to the post.
Aside from an opportunity to transform lives, a career at George Green’s School has many other benefits. These include:
• A first-class CPL programme, including dedicated weekly CPL sessions and the opportunity to take part in NPQ programmes at a senior level.
• A large post-16 cohort, offering a wide range of both A Level and Vocational courses.
• Embedded strategies for supporting the work-life balance of staff.
• Excellent amenities on site, including a gym, secure cycle storage and free parking.
• A fantastic and convenient London location.
If you believe that you are the exceptional candidate we are seeking for our exceptional school, we would love to hear from you.
Interviews: Interviews will be conducted at the school on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th February.
George Green’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, external agencies and volunteers to share this commitment. Any appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS Check.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About George Green's School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- 1219 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
George Green’s School has a long and rich history. Founded in 1828, it has for nearly 200 years played a pivotal role in the education of the children of the Isle of Dogs. This long history has helped shape our traditional ethos.
At George Green’s School, we are deeply committed to being an exceptional school. Our vision and values are deep-rooted and live at the heart of everything we do. We believe that great schools like ours are engines of social change, teaching powerful knowledge to young people so that they can go on to become change-makers and develop into the best possible people they can be.
Arranging a visit to George Green's School
Tours with the Principal:
Monday 24th January 9:30 – 10:30.
To arrange a tour please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regrettably tours cannot be conducted at other times, but a 10 minute telephone or video call can be arranged with the Principal as an alternative. Please use the email above.