This job expired on 14 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
14 April 2023 at 11:59pm
20 March 2023
- Key stage 1, Key stage 2
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hrs per week
- Leadership Scale Point L5 - L9 £49,614- £ 54,768 per annum
What skills and experience we're looking for
The Gordon Children’s Academy are recruiting an Assistant Headteacher to lead within a mutually agreed specific area. The successful candidate will have a subject responsibility and therefore experience of leading English or maths would be an advantage. They will support colleagues across the hub in their curriculum work, and will work with the SLT to ensure high expectations and high quality outcomes for all pupils, regardless of starting points. You will also maintain an inclusive approach and ethos, leading to excellent standards of behaviour and conduct, for all pupils including those facing barriers and challenges.
There may also be the opportunity to work across our Strood Hub, consisting of All Faiths Children’s Academy and Cedar Children’s Academy, as well as Gordon Children’s Academy.
Some key responsibilities of the role are listed below, further details can be found on the job description;
- Lead on a specific area across the hub (to be agreed depending on experience and skills).
- Assist in the promotion, direction and oversight of high standards of teaching and learning, pupil achievement and progression through leading on personal development across the school, developing teachers’ skills and pedagogical knowledge.
- Secure the highest possible standards of pupil achievement across the school in all curriculum areas through monitoring, evaluating and setting targets for improvement.
- Lead, develop and enhance the teaching/support practice of others across the school by evaluating, supporting, coaching and guiding.
- To be accountable for the strategic leadership and management of personal development in the school, developing and implementing plans, policies, targets and practices within the context of the school’s aims and policies.
- To be a line of communication between parents and the Leadership Team.
- Ensure the consistent accurate use and implementation of Thinking Schools ethos
What the school offers its staff
What our Trust will offer you:
- TSAT pay scales above national pay scales.
- Support from across the Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- Excellent CPD opportunities including our Early career, Middle and Senior Leadership programmes.
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Chartered Teacher.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice.
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme.
- Reduced membership of a fully-equipped fitness suite and classes – located on the site of New Horizons Children’s Academy and Rochester Grammar School.
- Focus on staff wellbeing, including 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme, free flu vaccination and eye care vouchers.
- Free parking in our staff car park.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- TSTARS Staff Recognition Programme, including seasonal rewards for all staff.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Gordons Children's Academy, Junior
- School type
- Academy, ages 7 to 11
- Education phase
- View all Primaryjobs
- School size
- 321 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 7 to 11
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Gordons Children's Academy, Junior
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email Alison.Harding@Southeast.tsat.uk.
Similar jobs nearby
Cranbrook Primary School
The Drive, Ilford, Essex, IG1 3PS
Thorpedene Primary School
Delaware Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS3 9NP
Twydall Primary School and Nursery
Twydall Lane, Gillingham, Kent, ME8 6JS
St Edward's Catholic Primary School
New Road, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 1BW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Kent and Medway