Assistant Headteacher - Head of Sixth Form
Assistant Headteacher – Head of Sixth Form
Leadership Scale: 14-18
Start Date: January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspiring Assistant Headteacher to start at this Outstanding School in January 2020.
Pate’s is a highly ambitious school and determined to excel further. This is a key appointment
The successful candidate will assume overall responsibility for the academic progress and pastoral care of all 6th Form pupils, in conjunction with the 6th Form team and the Deputy Head (Pastoral). We are proud of the achievements of our young people, both academically and in a range of other contexts, and the Head of 6th Form at Pate’s will have a key role to play in maintaining and developing our reputation in this respect, ensuring that the 6th Form remains a local and national beacon.
The school has superb facilities in new buildings on a spacious site. We recognise that our staff are the most important reason for the school’s success.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school to meet our Senior Leadership Team. Please call Francesca Coppola, PA to Head Master on 01242 538275
Completed applications and covering letter should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit the school website www.patesgs.org for further details and application form
NO AGENCIES or CVs PLEASE
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 14th October 2019 @ 3.00pm
Interview Dates: Friday 18th and Monday 21st October 2019
Further details about the school and application form are available on the website www.patesgs.org. For further information contact Francesca Coppola, PA to the Head Master or email email@example.com
Essential educational requirements
• An academic degree.
• Qualified teacher status.
• A commitment to safeguarding and a full disclosure and barring service check.
• Provide evidence of developing other people and school improvement work.
Educated to degree level
Essential skills and experience
• Proactive leadership that inspires, challenges and motivates others.
• An effective communicator through all mediums within the school and wider community, able to enthuse, inspire, motivate and challenge
• Strategic and innovative – a clear thinker and practical problem solver
• Actively solicits and responds constructively to feedback
CPD, Leadership Scale Salary
About Pate's Grammar School
Welcome to Pate’s. We are a unique and special school. Founded back in 1574, today we are a selective co-educational grammar school that cherishes and treasures our rich tradition, yet we are also known both regionally and nationally for being forward-thinking and leading the way with educational developments.
- Princess Elizabeth Way, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 0HG
- Pate's Grammar School website (opens in a new window)