Assistant Headteacher, Head of Sixth Form
THE HOLT SCHOOL
Tel: 0118 978 0165
Head of Sixth Form
Required September 2020
Required for September 2020, an outstanding, energetic and well-qualified teacher with experience of teaching A level, who has the ambition and drive to join our Senior Leadership Team and to develop and deliver an ambitious vision for our Sixth Form.
We are looking for a middle leader with a proven track record of excellent exam results within their department and who is ready to move on to the next stage of their career.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate how their initiative and ability to lead teams has brought about success in their subject/school.
They will understand the needs of young adults and the pressures and choices they face not only with their studies but also with post 18 destinations; university and work readiness/ future careers. They will inspire our students to be the best they can be.
The Holt is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 girls and 16-18 co-ed comprehensive school. Further details and an application form are available from the school website
Prospective applicants are welcome to telephone Mrs Katie Warner HR Assistant for more information about this post and to arrange a visit.
The Holt School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
Closing Date: 9am on 25th February 2020
Interview Date: 9th March 2020
Essential educational requirements
Good Honours Degree
Qualified Teacher status
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will:
• have a love of learning and teaching and sensitivity to young people
• possess a sense of humour, proportion and good judgement
• be able to motivate and develop staff and build effective teams
• have the stamina to cope with demands of the post
• have well-developed interpersonal skills – listening, consultation, negotiation and presentation – with the ability to deal effectively with all stakeholders
• be prepared to question the status quo, be innovative, think creatively and manage change successfully
• knowledge of current post 16 climate
About The Holt School
The Holt is a popular and oversubscribed 11-16 girls and 16-18 co-ed comprehensive school.
- Holt Lane, Wokingham, Berkshire, RG41 1EE
- The Holt School website (opens in a new window)