£42,724 - £47,150
Hook Junior School has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced leader with a vision for exceptional education and passion for developing others to improve. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of raising educational standards and maintaining school improvement, alongside a commitment to engage positively with all stakeholders.
We are looking for a dynamic, inspiring and effective leader who is enthusiastic, to undertake the role of Assistant Headteacher, working as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team across the school.
They will be an excellent practitioner able to lead on developing teaching and learning through a coaching model, to ensure that our curriculum, assessment and high standards of teaching delivers excellent outcomes and high quality learning for children across key stage two. This role is not class based, but will involve some teaching cover.
To provide exceptional strategic leadership at Hook Junior School, ensuring that there is a clear and consistent vision for delivering high expectations and standards in teaching and learning across KS2. The role will ensure that there is a consistent approach to teaching and learning strategies, curriculum design and assessment across the school, and will work with the Senior Leadership Team and governors to identify, establish and implement a high quality, dynamic strategy for exceptional education.
Applying for the job
To apply, please download and complete an application form using the link at the top right of this page. Return your completed application form to us by email with a subject line of ‘Assistant Headteacher’.
The closing date is Thursday 29th April 2021 at 5.00pm. Shortlisting will take place immediately after and interviews will be held on Wednesday 5th May 2021.More on how to apply
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Local authority maintained school
436 pupils enrolled
7 to 11
About Hook Junior School
Hook Junior School offers:
- A leadership role that is not class-based
- A positive ethos where children are inspired, learn and achieve
- 455 motivated and enthusiastic pupils
- A forward focused and supportive SLT team
- Staff and Governors who are committed, talented and highly motivated
- Continuation of and enhancements to your professional development
- An attractive, well-resourced school with an extensive outdoor environment
- A school which is genuinely at the heart of a strong, supportive community
- Good transport links from Hook, including rail
The ideal person for the role will have:
- A proven track record of success in raising progress and attainment of learners
- Experience of leading whole school curriculum development in one or more areas of the primary curriculum, specifically in maths or English
- Outstanding teaching ability
- High expectations for all staff and pupils
- A commitment to all aspects of school life
- An open and collaborative approach to leadership
- The ability to inspire, engage and communicate with learners/students, staff and parents/carers
- An interest in current educational research and practice
- Flexibility, energy, creativity and imagination
- The passion and drive to support the Senior Leadership Team with continual school improvement
- Excellent knowledge of the National curriculum
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to coach and develop others
- Ability to quickly establish strong, positive professional relationships with all stakeholders
- A full Job Description and Person Specification is also published with this vacancy.
Arranging a visit to Hook Junior School
To discuss the post, or your application or arrange a visit by appointment to Hook Junior School, please contact Lynn Martin (Headteacher) via email: email@example.com or via telephone 01256 762 468