Leadership (Points 9 - 13) £51,402 - £56,721
The successful candidate will be an excellent teacher, an effective leader and be committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of all students.
• A positive and caring ethos and working atmosphere.
• Friendly children, eager to learn and achieve.
• A committed, enthusiastic and supportive staff team.
• Excellent support from the Governing Body, the staff and parents.
• Opportunities for career development.
The successful candidate must have:
• Experience of working in an educational provision and ideally relevant SENDCo qualifications or a desire to complete the national SENDCo qualification.
• A calm, understanding and friendly personality, with the drive and ambition to raise aspirations and outcomes for students with SEND.
• The ability to manage behaviour and help students focus on any given task, encouraging students to interact with others and engage in activities.
• A professional, nurturing and resilient approach, that will raise standards throughout the school.
• Commitment and dependability within the workplace with ability to use your own initiative.
• A detailed understanding of expectations of the National Curriculum at KS3 and 4 and evidence of applying the effective curriculum for successful outcomes for all students.
• The confidence to address conflict and challenging behaviour.
• The willingness to work flexibly and constructively as part of a team, ensuring effective day to day classroom support from teachers and LSAs for students with SEND.
• The ability to establish positive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and responding to individual needs.
• To effectively evaluate the curriculum to ensure it meets the needs of students with SEND.
• The capacity to work with teachers, LSAs and the Trust SENDCo to ensure progress and development of SEND students.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Up to 563 pupils
11 to 16
About Huntcliff School
Huntcliff School is a popular school sharing a site with Saltburn Primary School on a joint learning campus. We are seeking to appoint a passionate and committed Assistant Headteacher responsible for driving improvements in provision for students with SEND at Huntcliff School. This role will involve ensuring highly effective safeguarding policies and practice. This excellent opportunity for an ambitious and inspirational leader to join our rapidly improving school.
The Vision Academy Learning Trust can offer you a professional challenge and a rewarding opportunity, working with collaborative schools that are passionate about the progress and development of every student.
Arranging a visit to Huntcliff School
Please contact Mrs K Emmerson via email@example.com or telephone 01287 621010.