Assistant Headteacher i/c Behaviour and Attendance
This job expired on 24 April 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 April 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 34.43 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- Between £61,042 - £67,351
What skills and experience we're looking for
The main duties and responsibilities of this post include:
· Leadership of behaviour systems and routines.
- Leadership of whole school use of the Classcharts app.
- Leadership of student attendance and punctuality (Years 7 – 11)
- Leadership of student leadership.
- Collaboration with local authority and local schools regarding behaviour and attendance.
- Contribution to safeguarding, emotional wellbeing and personal development of the students.
· Teaching of all aspects of their subject specialism.
The successful candidate should:
- Be an excellent teacher and ‘team player’.
- Have a genuine respect for young people.
- Have the ability to motivate and inspire staff and students.
- Contribute actively to the policies and aspirations of the school
- Have personal ambition and the capacity for hard work.
- Have a proven record of success in leading a team.
What the school offers its staff
South Craven School, supported by South Craven Academy Trust since May 2011, is an oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive school situated in a semi-rural location on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales with easy access to Leeds, Bradford and Greater Manchester. South Craven achieves strong results at both GCSE and A level and has an excellent vocational programme. It is an innovative and forward-thinking school.
Learning is placed firmly at the heart of the South Craven School community and the school has clearly defined Teaching and Learning Principles. Our main priority is to ensure our students have the best opportunities for success and the highest possible aspirations for the future. We aspire to develop confident South Craven Leaners. We are very proud of our excellent reputation in our local community, recognising our responsibility to provide young people with the skills and qualities to respond to the challenges of a fast changing world. We are also very proud of our reputation for developing teachers through our teacher training and teacher development programmes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Senior Leadership Team for an enthusiastic and innovative teacher to lead on student behaviour and attendance. The successful candidate will be a strong motivator, be energetic, have resilience and an empathetic nature particularly when facing difficult and challenging situations.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About South Craven School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1835 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- South Craven School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
South Craven School - Secondary Comprehensive
Arranging a visit to South Craven School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
St Augustine's Roman Catholic High School, a Voluntary Academy
Elker Lane, Clitheroe, Lancashire, BB7 9JA
Assistant Director of Learning of Math`s
Darwen Aldridge Community Academy
Sudell Road, Darwen, Lancashire, BB3 3HD
The Crossley Heath School
Savile Park, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 0HG
Co-op Academy Southfield
Haycliffe Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD5 9ET
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Yorkshire