- Qualified to degree level and above
- Qualified to teach and work in the UK
- National Award for SEN Coordination (NASENCo) (or
willing to undertake)
- DSL certification (or willing to undertake)
- Completed further training in supporting students
with SEND/EAL (desirable)
Experience and Skills
- Experience identifying, monitoring, and providing
effective support for pupils with SEND
- Can demonstrate effective and systematic behaviour
- Experience leading, coaching, and motivating
people, ensuring professional development, and effectively challenging and
managing any performance concerns
- Evidence of continually improving the teaching and
learning in a year group, through schemes of work, assessment, and
extra-curricular activities etc. in a challenging classroom environment
- Experience of reflecting on and improving practice
to increase student achievement
- Excellent communication, planning and
- Good working knowledge of relevant legislation,
particularly the SEN Code of Practice
- Genuine passion for and a belief in the potential
of every pupil
- A robust awareness of keeping children safe,
noticing safeguarding and welfare concerns, and understanding how and when to
take appropriate action
- Belief that every pupil should have access to an
excellent education regardless of background
- Professional outlook, detail orientated, and able
to multitask and meet deadlines
- A team player that can work collaboratively as
well as using own initiative
- Calm and professional under pressure
- Understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Flexible attitude towards work and demonstrates
- Right to work in the UK
- Commitment to equality of opportunity and the
safeguarding and welfare of all pupils
- Willingness to undertake training
- This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check
This is an exciting opportunity to
help lead a large primary school with outstanding outcomes. The successful candidate will have the full
support of Ark, including support and guidance from our team of Network Leads
for Safeguarding, SEND and Pastoral.
This support from the Ark Trust will help ensure that Ark Blacklands
Primary Academy makes a lasting contribution to its community, supporting local
children to fulfil their ambitions.
Find out more by visiting www.arkblacklandsprimary.org/.
- A school and Academy Trust which is truly values driven.
- A wonderful, talented staff team to work alongside.
- Incredible children: we are proud of our unique and diverse school
- A carefully designed and supportive induction plan to ensure you
have everything you need to start your new role confidently and smoothly.
- Ark network training days – we have ten days in total across the
year for you to receive training as well as train your staff – twice the usual number
of days offered.
- Access to health packages, discounts at major retailers, travel
loans and other benefits, through the Ark Rewards scheme.
- Opportunity to apply for international exchanges and other
- Support from experienced external professionals such as
psychotherapists from healthyminds@work
- Ability to influence particular Network-wide issues through our
Network Groups and Inclusion Lead meetings.
- Career development opportunities – being part of a group of
schools means that there is always room to grow and new opportunities to explore.
- On-hand expertise from our dedicated Central education and
operations teams who are ready to support you and your school
- Regional Inclusion Meetings –which enable Inclusion Leads, SENCos
and Pastoral Leads to work collaboratively on Regional and Network priorities.
Find out more about the benefits by
Do you want to be valued and to make a difference to others every day?
Are you committed to improving the lives of children who live in Hastings?
If so, then working with us may be for you.
looking for an exceptional, compassionate, and supportive leader. You will be
enthusiastic, conscientious, and self-motivated and bring strategic clarity to
the Inclusion work in our Academy. The successful candidate will join a
passionate, experienced, and highly skilled leadership team who have an
outstanding record of accomplishing high standards of education for pupils from
diverse backgrounds with a broad range of need.
As the Assistant Head, you will work within the Senior Leadership
team to lead and support our established and successful inclusion team to meet
the SEND, pastoral and child-protection needs of pupils, so that they are able
to develop to their full potential. The
inclusion team, who you will line manage includes: a Pastoral Manager; four Learning
& Engagement Mentors; a Speech & Language TA; five Inclusion Support
Assistants, an Inclusion Support Officer and 3 DDSLs. With your leadership, this
team will help you achieve your ambitions and strategic goals. You will work daily
with pupils, staff, parents and external agencies with understanding and
compassion, recognising and addressing barriers to learning.
You will have excellent leadership qualities and possess the
energy and enthusiasm which is necessary to maintain and build on the existing
outstanding practice in the school, achieving the best possible outcomes for
all our pupils.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic
individual, who will help to shape the future of the Academy and work within
the thriving Ark Network.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps
Skilled worker visa sponsorship is not available for this job.