Assistant Headteacher (Inclusion manager/SENDCO)
Do you want to work in an Outstanding School and Curriculum Support department?
If so, we are looking to appoint an exceptional and committed primary or secondary trained teacher to lead our highly successful Curriculum Support team and join the Senior Leadership Team. We are seeking a SENDCO, with the accredited NASENCO qualification, or one who is dedicated to obtaining this within two years of their appointment. We require a SENDCO who can lead our dedicated and established Curriculum Support team to ensure that all students identified as having SEND, reach their potential and have full access to our broad and balanced curriculum which is relevant and differentiated, providing students with equal opportunities, continuity and ensuring they make maximum progress.
This is a much sought after position; you will be leading a team and a school with an outstanding local and national reputation. There will also be opportunities for the successful candidate to work beyond the department and contribute to The Compton Schools’ Teaching School status, with outreach work and facilitation of T&L programmes.
Why work at The Compton School?
• You will be joining a highly successful school with a national profile of excellence in teaching and learning, SEND provision and student outcomes
• You will be joining a department that is housed in its own specialist area, including a purpose built teaching room and office space
• You will be joining an exceptional senior leadership team, that has overseen four consecutive outstanding Ofsted inspections, most recently in 2018
• You will be joining a department and school that will offer you the opportunity for clear career progression and continued professional development
Who are we?
We are a massively oversubscribed mixed multi-ethnic school that has had four outstanding OFSTED inspections in succession, most recently in January 2018. Students at the Compton make exceptional progress - our results routinely put the school within the top 2% of schools nationally for progress.
At The Compton we understand that our brilliant teachers make a difference to the life chances of our students every day by helping them to secure outstanding outcomes. We always strive to appoint the very best teachers and once in post we provide a work place environment that ensures their needs are fully met now and in the future.
Are you the right person to join our team? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please download our application form, a job description and person specification from our website www.thecompton.org.uk or telephone 020 8368 1783 for details of the post. Completed applications forms to be emailed to email@example.com
Applications will be considered for interview as they are received.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified teacher status (Primary or Secondary)
Essential skills and experience
Experience in working within the field of SEND and in particular managing the EHCP processes and reviews. Leading across a school in the domain specific area of SEND.
Leadership Pay Scale 12
About The Compton School
A comprehensive school in Barnet, North London, serving the local community
- Summers Lane, London, N12 0QG
- The Compton School website (opens in a new window)