support from the Headteacher, Deputy Headteacher and Governing Body the Assistant
Headteacher (AHT) will be an outstanding senior leader who is passionate about securing the best possible
outcomes for pupils and who is willing to embrace our mission of a learning
community where “every child is a valued individual.”
Assistant Headteacher will not only be ambitious for the pupils, but also for themself.
They will need a strong track record of working within specialist schools along
with excellent leadership skills, along with the drive and enthusiasm to help
develop, build achievements, and support the vision and ethos of the school.
They will need experience in improving teaching and learning, curriculum
development and effective use of pupils’ data to raise achievement levels. There will be a teaching commitment which
will be discussed at interview.
Governors wish to appoint a suitably qualified full-time Assistant headteacher who:
- Has exceptional interpersonal skills
- Has the ability to lead, manage and inspire others
- Is an energetic, hardworking, and motivated professional who is ambitious and
shares our drive to achieve an
provision for our very special children and young people
- Is committed to meeting the individual learning needs of our diverse group of
- Is passionate about working in partnership with parents and other stakeholders
- Is highly skilled at identifying school improvement priorities and
strategically planning for its development
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner who can lead by example and support
the further development of our already highly skilled teaching team
- Is self-motivated, dynamic and have the ability to both challenge and support
- Will drive curriculum mapping and exciting educational experiences and learning
for all learners
Kingfisher School is a
unique, friendly, and successful school based in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, and is part of The Propeller Academy Trust. Our vision is that Kingfisher School is a place where everyone isvaluedto
which isworthwhile. This is
the Kingfisher VIEW.
you are an experienced senior leader looking to consolidate your experience, or
someone who is taking their first step into a senior post, with a passion for
improving the life chances of students with SEND, have a drive, vision, and
relentless pursuit of excellence, then Kingfisher School is for you.
will be ambitious for all our students, demand excellence from both staff and
pupils and quickly determine aspirational end points for our students, securing
high quality provision to achieve this. Working
closely with the Headteacher and Deputy, you will have the opportunity to make
a significant contribution to the development of outstanding SEN provision
across the Trust for children and young adults aged 2-19yrs with complex
learning needs. It is a place where every child has an aspirational and
personalised education programme that ensures they receive an exceptional
opportunity to succeed.
We can offer you:
- A welcoming, inspiring, and highly skilled Senior Leadership Team
- A dedicated, talented, and hardworking staff
- A supportive, knowledgeable, and committed local group of governors
- An outstanding body of parents and carers
- Access to a wide network of outstanding professionals across the Trust
- And most importantly; an incredibly warm, hospitable, and fun-loving group of
children and young people who are inspirational and a delight to work with and
Academy Trust and its member schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting
the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. We expect all staff and
volunteers to share in this commitment. All post holders in regulated activity
are subject to appropriate vetting procedures and a satisfactory Disclosure and
Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Check. Shortlisted candidates will be subject to
online searches for publicly available information.
Propeller Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome
applications from a range of backgrounds to represent diversity in line with
our school’s community”
This job post has expired.