- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- L10 - L14 (£52,723 to £58,135)
We are looking for:
• An ambitious and talented Assistant Headteacher who demonstrates the highest quality of teaching, learning and assessment through their own practice.
• An Assistant Headteacher that will engage with research and evidence to develop their own practice and lead innovations within their area of responsibility.
• Someone who has the ability to work with the Headship team to develop the shared vision and strategic plan for his or her area of responsibility.
• A person that can articulate strategic vision and operational need with conviction and clarity, so that all stakeholders understand the direction of improvement.
• A person who can demonstrate effective leadership through coaching staff, which will engender best practice.
• Someone who is confident with planning, assessment, intervention and data tracking to work within the department’s performance goals and across the school.
• Someone who is key to leading school improvements through forging links with mainstream schools and the local Teaching School Alliance. This should be through inspiration, challenge, motivation and empowerment to attain ambitious outcomes.
• Someone who can ensure the effective assessment, planning, application and review of intervention and provision in partnership with pastoral, SEMH and SEND teams.
• An Assistant Headteacher that can demand ambitious standards for the school, that will positively improve the chances our students.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1320 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About The Angmering School
We are a happy and successful school where all are committed to learning and where everyone is challenged to do their best. We believe success comes in all forms and that in addition to gaining good qualifications, students should leave us as good
citizens. Our curriculum builds on the Key Stage 2 curriculum and provides both breadth and stretch for pupils as they progress towards GCSE/BTEC and then
We are ambitious for every child and promote a Growth Mindset in order to break
down any barriers to progress. In addition to a rich curriculum and great teaching we offer a varied programme of activities. This enables staff to follow their interests and develop a broad experience which will help prepare our students for adulthood.
The care we extend to all our students is epitomised by the Lavinia Norfolk Centre where students with disabilities are integrated fully into the daily life of the school.
We would love you be part of our school. In addition you may also wish to check out our website, Facebook and Twitter pages which give a daily view of school life and let you see what we stand for and how we work.
We welcome visitors so please contact us if you would like to come and meet us.
“Aspire, Achieve, Angmering.”
Arranging a visit to The Angmering School
Please call 01903 772351 and ask to speak to Sarah Hemsley - HR & Cover Manager.