ASSISTANT HEADTEACHER (Pastoral and Inclusion including SENDCo and DSL)
St Mark's Catholic Primary School, Ipswich, Ipswich, Suffolk
|Job role||Teacher, Leadership, SEN specialist|
|Working pattern||Part-time only|
|Salary||L2-6. 0.6 fte|
If you firmly believe that inclusion is at the heart of a successful school, and that relationships are key, then we want to hear from you. Essentially, we are looking for an exceptional teacher with SEND and leadership experience with exceptional pastoral care who will maintain our Gold standard SMSC curriculum as well as leading our Designated Safeguarding team alongside the Headteacher. Ideally the applicant will hold the National SENCo Qualification or be willing to train upon appointment.
The successful candidate will:
• Support and promote the Catholic Ethos of St Mark’s
• Be an experienced primary school teacher who models best practice (there is a weekly KS2 teaching commitment attached to the role)
• Possess excellent interpersonal and intrapersonal skills in order to communicate effectively with children, colleagues, parents, governors, diocese and external agencies;
• Be flexible, adaptable and resilient, able to organise workload efficiently and competently yet still willing to contribute to the wider life of the school;
• Interpret screening tests and identify appropriate interventions and monitor the impact of such interventions
• Have an awareness of Education Healthcare Plans and up-to-date knowledge of the SEN code of practice
• Be passionate in supporting others to ensure that children with SEN and disadvantaged and poorer pupils reach their full potential
• Lead the exceptional Pastoral Care provided at St Mark’s
• Lead the school’s behaviour management based on restorative justice so as to maintain our pupil’s excellent attitude to learning
• Maintain the school’s Gold standard SMSC curriculum and promote children’s personal development
• Undertake the role as the Designated Safeguarding lead with the Headteacher
• Contribute to the Senior Leadership Team
• Exhibit the expertise and determination to integrate inclusion into all areas of school life.
Applying for the job
Please send applications to email@example.com using the application form provided.
|School type||LA Maintained School, Roman Catholic|
|School size||213 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||5 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St Mark's Catholic Primary School, Ipswich website (opens in a new window)|
About St Mark's Catholic Primary School, Ipswich
We are a friendly and welcoming one form entry Catholic School. At St. Mark’s, we are committed to providing a stimulating and exciting learning environment in which all pupils are highly receptive to learning.
• Delightful, well behaved children
• Well-resourced school with extensive grounds
• A high functioning collegiate team of dedicated professionals who care for and support each other
• Fully supportive governors, parents and parish
• A forward-thinking school with high standards and rich learning experiences
• Generous Staff Well-being Charter to ensure the job is rewarding and fulfilling.
• A team of experienced and highly skilled LSAs
• Ongoing Investment in high quality CPD
• Employee Assistance programme
Arranging a visit to St Mark's Catholic Primary School, Ipswich
Visits to the school could be arranged, subject to current COVID-19 restrictions - please email the above address in the first instance. Alternatively, a Zoom tour might be arranged.
Stone Lodge Lane West, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP2 9HN