Assistant Headteacher - Pastoral (Including DSL)
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head to join our ambitious leadership team who ensure outstanding levels of academic achievement and pastoral care.
The primary role is to lead and manage the pastoral team (which consists of:- 2 Head of Key Stages; 5 Heads of Year; SEN Manager; the SENCO; and Attendance & Welfare Officer), to provide a positive secure and happy environment for Kings’ students where each can thrive and achieve. The successful candidate will also be the Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL).
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate will be able to evidence:
• The ability to use emotional information to guide thinking and behaviour, and adjust appropriately to students’ needs
• An infectious passion for ensuring all students receive a high quality educational experience
• Leadership skills and energy that motivate and inspire staff,
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills/ Dynamism with excellent interpersonal and team building skills
• The highest level of personal and professional standards
• A problem solving approach
• Effective change management
• A good understanding of the current educational landscape.
• Personal warmth and humour coupled with resilience
In return we will offer you:
• A professional, hardworking and supportive team with the desire to raise student achievement even further,
• Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment,
• Opportunities for further professional development,
• Access to Surrey MyBenefits Scheme,
• A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant school community.
• A key leadership role in a forward thinking school
• The opportunity to work with a committed staff who have the knowledge, passion and integrity to ensure the highest standards of teaching and learning. They are ‘driven to continually improve standards in their subject areas.’ (Ofsted 2016)
• A culture where ‘teachers feel valued and staff morale is high.’ (Ofsted 2016)
• Students who value the opportunities they have and are polite, courteous and respectful
• A successful student leadership system ready for even greater engagement in the teaching and learning of the school
• Governors whose leadership of the school is appropriately robust and challenging.
• An attractive working environment and spacious site which is being further improved with imminent developments
About Kings International College
- Watchetts Drive, Camberley, Surrey, GU15 2PQ
- LA Maintained School
- Kings International College website (opens in a new window)