Paxman Academy is looking for an exceptional
Assistant Headteacher – Pastoral to join us in January.
This is a fantastic opportunity to extend and refine the quality of
pastoral care at the Academy, ensuring that we continue to offer our students
outstanding support. We’re committed to providing first-rate training and
development to all of our staff, as well as excellent career advancement
opportunities within the Sigma Trust.
Visits to the Academy are welcomed.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing strategic and operational leadership to secure and embed
high standards of behaviour for learning, attendance, safeguarding and pastoral
care in school.
- Working alongside the Deputy Head Pastoral, set the
direction and implement the school improvement plan for behaviour and
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of our
- Ensuring excellent pastoral support for all students,
internally and via effective collaboration with parents and external agencies.
- Working with Director for Teaching and Learning to
ensure high quality Opening Minds and assembly programme throughout the year.
- Developing and implementing policies and practices which
reflect the school’s commitments the highest standard of attendance
- Working alongside the Deputy Headteacher (Pastoral) to
lead on strategies for addressing issues associated with attendance, absence
and persistent absence.
- To be part of the school’s safeguarding team and act
in the capacity as a designated safeguarding lead.
details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if
- Leadership experience, including managing staff and students
- Demonstrable experience of high-quality teaching
- Demonstrable experience of improving student
- Demonstrable experience of effective performance management and
quality improvement within a school environment
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum and OFSTED
Framework regarding effective leadership, management and self-evaluation
- Knowledge and understanding of strategies to raise standards and
achievement of students
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
- A Competitive Salary
- Robust school CPD
training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work
with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance
Programme, Pension Scheme, Perkbox, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym
Membership at selected local gyms
HEADTEACHER - PASTORAL
Pay Range: Leadership Pay Scale, Point 11-15
Actual Salary from: £56,796 - £62,560
Start Date: 1st January 2024
This job post has expired.