- Job role
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Full time
Monday to Friday. Term Time.
- Contract type
- Leadership Pay Spine. ISR Range: L12 - L16 (£55,338pa - £61,166pa)
We wish to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to lead the Curriculum Pathway for PMLD.
This is a key leadership role and you will be accountable for the strategic development of the specialist curriculum pathway for students with profound impairment, multiple disabilities (known as PMLD):
• You'll inspire, motivate and influence staff and students, in securing the highest standards of learning and teaching in order to promote the highest standards of progress and development for students.
• You'll be accountable for raising standards through leadership of school improvement areas.
• You'll engage all relevant staff collaboratively in the development of the provision.
• You'll demonstrate effective and creative leadership of teams in order to secure sustainable school improvement.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for further information.
You’ll join a talented business team and a successful partnership of schools which is committed to raising the educational ambitions of the communities it serves.
As part of the Co-op Academies Trust we can offer successful candidates a huge variety of opportunities for development.
Co-op Academies Trust is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
Co-op Academies Trust as an aware employer is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults as its number one priority. This commitment to robust recruitment, selection and induction procedures extends to organisations and services linked to the Trust on its behalf. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value variety and individual differences, and aim to create a culture, environment and practices at all levels which encompass acceptance, respect and inclusion. All our colleagues are expected to demonstrate a commitment to co-operative values and principles, and the Ways of Being Co-op.
• Excellent opportunities for personal and career development within the Co-op Academies Trust
• Employee benefits such as retail discounts, reduced gym membership, cycle to work scheme and much more
• Free access to a confidential 24/7 Employee Assistance Programme
• Effective, supportive and dynamic leadership across Co-op Academy Southfield
• A superb, school building with a flexible and creative ICT rich working environment
• Enthusiastic students who are keen to make good progress
• Welcoming, friendly, supportive, effective and efficient professional/continuing professional development
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 303 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
About Co-op Academy Southfield
Co-op Academy Southfield is part of The Co-op Academies Trust and are co-located with Co-op Academy Grange, a mainstream secondary Academy in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
Co-op Academy Southfield caters for around 305 students and we are one of the largest special schools in the country. We have on-site support from other professionals including Speech and Language Therapists, the School Nursing team, Physiotherapy teams as well as support from Social Care and other services. We enjoy close links with education, leisure, sporting and commercial organisations across the locality and we are keen to actively promote these partnerships for the benefit of the children in our care.
Co-op Academies Trust aims to provide an outstanding education for all our learners, founded on co-operative values, at the heart of the community. It is responsible for twenty-seven Academies across Greater Manchester, Staffordshire & Merseyside and West Yorkshire with the Co-op acting as the sponsor.
To find out further information about us please visit our website:
To find out further information about the Co-op Academies Trust please visit:
To apply or find out further information about this role please visit:
Arranging a visit to Co-op Academy Southfield
We welcome opportunity for candidates to visit Co-op Academy Southfield on either the afternoon of Thursday 7 October 2021 or Friday 8 October 2021. To arrange a visit please email or telephone Human Resources:
Tel: 01274 779662