The post holder will:
• Carry out the professional duties of a class teacher
• Carry out the professional duties of a subject leader
• Carry out the professional duties of a phase leader.
• Lead whole school curriculum development
• Be responsible for the coordination of educational visits
• Be able to actively promote the Christian ethos of the school
• Regularly lead worship
• Take a key role within safeguarding.
• Be an active member of the senior leadership team, aiding in such things as strategic planning, school improvement, monitoring, feeding back to staff and liaising with governors.
• Assist the Headteacher and Deputy in leading and managing the school.
• Contribute to the School Improvement Plan and promote the learning priorities of the school
• Manage the Appraisal process of a group of staff.
• As part of the senior leadership team implement the monitoring and evaluation schedule
• Observe lessons and deliver feedback where appropriate
• As part of the senior leadership team lead, support, motivate and direct teachers and support staff across the school.
• Take a role in supporting and challenging staff
• Work with a range of agencies to nurture and support our children.
Essential educational requirements
• undergraduate degree
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
• Effective behaviour management strategies
• Recent upper KS2 experience
• Demonstrable leadership qualities
• Thorough working knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures
• Offer a friendly, caring and supportive staff and governors, based upon our ethos and values of the Christian faith
• Invest time and energy into your personal and professional development.
• Provide a forward thinking staff and leadership team, committed to improving children’s outcomes.
About Poulton-le-Sands Church of England Primary School
- Church Street, Morecambe, Lancashire, LA4 5QA
- LA Maintained School
- Poulton-le-Sands Church of England Primary School website (opens in a new window)