Assistant Headteacher (Primary)
Reach Academy Feltham, Feltham, Middlesex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1, £47,000 to £60,000|
We are seeking an Assistant Headteacher to join a restructured Senior Leadership Team who will be working collaboratively across the whole-school from Phases 1 to 5. We are seeking a primary specialist who is an exemplary practitioner, promoter and developer of the school’s ethos and policies, supporting the SLT to be a unifying force from which appropriate leadership and support can be given. At Reach Academy, we believe that an excellent education is built on a thoughtfully designed curriculum, backwards planned to make use of our whole-school model. This Assistant Headteacher role will support the Deputy Headteacher: Curriculum and Assessment to oversee the maintaining of an inclusive curriculum offer, and support curriculum leaders to build curricula that are thoughtfully planned and provide opportunities for application in relevant and rigorous ways.
• Be a member of the senior leadership team;
• Play a major role under the overall direction of the school in formulating and reviewing the SEF, Development Plan, aims and objectives of the school by:
o Establishing the policies through which they shall be achieved
o Managing staff and resources to that end o Monitoring progress towards their achievement;
• Work alongside the SLT to develop, monitor and evaluate the role and responsibilities of the Subject Leaders predominantly, but also the Phase Leaders, Heads of Year and Support Staff in the school;
• Promote excellence and inclusion and set high expectations for all students and staff;
• Secure the commitment of the wider community and other stakeholders by engaging them and strengthening relationships;
• Alongside the Head Teacher and Assistant Headteacher: Safeguarding ensure the safeguarding of all students and the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff is promoted and maintained at all times;
• Align and uphold the Academy vision, standards of behaviour, discipline and exclusion policy;
• Deal effectively and sensitively with child protection issues
• Undertake such duties as are delegated by the Headteacher.
• Undertake the main professional duties of a teacher as set out in the Reach Academy pay and conditions of service document.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified to degree level and above;
Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
Qualified to teach and work in the UK.
Essential skills and experience
Experience of working with young people from challenging backgrounds and of continually improving the outcomes of pupils;
Be an aspiring senior leader or current senior leader;
Have a desire to work in a pioneering environment;
Be able to represent the school externally with parents and other stakeholders;
Be able to be adaptable in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment;
Be able to support teachers to improve rapidly through coaching and other support;
Be a highly effective classroom teacher; and
Possess qualities necessary to create strong relationships with colleagues, pupils and parents.
Reach Academy Feltham is a small, all-through school that opened in September 2012. The school has quickly built an excellent reputation locally and nationally and last year moved into a stunning purpose-built home. In March 2014 it was the first all-through free school to be judged outstanding in all categories by Ofsted.
The school offers a range of unique benefits, including exceptional CPD, a range of growth opportunities and innovative benefits, including the opportunity to take term time holiday. It offers an opportunity to serve a high-need community and work alongside a supportive team who share a deep commitment to the school’s vision.
|School type||Free School|
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||878 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Reach Academy Feltham website (opens in a new window)|
About Reach Academy Feltham
53-55 High Street, Feltham, Middlesex, TW13 4AB