Assistant Headteacher (responsible for Behaviour and Attendance)
Cockburn School, Leeds, West Yorkshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Leadership Pay Scale 11 to 16|
Post: Assistant Headteacher (responsible for Behaviour and Attendance)
Required for: September 2020
Pay Range: Leadership Pay Scale 11 to 16
We are seeking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to join our Senior Leadership Team. The position will suit you if you have school experience at senior leader leadership level or a post of equivalent responsibility within the education sector. The successful applicant will have proven track record being able to identify and target underachieving students and implement effective strategies for raising achievement and improving outcomes. You will be able to enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students and staff, be forward thinking and passionate about raising standards and improving the life chances of young people.
We are a Trust that believes in unlocking potential in both students and staff and as a result offer substantial and sustained professional development in support of leadership at senior/whole school level within and beyond the MAT, a competitive salary, robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish, and opportunities to work with colleagues across the MAT to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships.
We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates who are committed to academic excellence and feel they have the drive and skills required for this role; as well as a commitment to making a real difference to the achievements of young people whilst delivering first class learning.
Do you have the following qualities?
• Forward looking, energetic and visionary with high level organisational skills
• An outstanding teacher
• Have you an uncompromising belief that all children deserve an outstanding education?
• Demonstrate exceptional leadership skills
• Committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve their potential
• Ability to create a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all students can achieve
success and become engaged in their own learning
• Energetic, creative and able to embrace the challenges in this exciting, vibrant Trust
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrate openness and honesty
• Excellent team player who enjoy working collaboratively and leading by example, setting
high standards for all.
• Ability to inspire and motivate students and staff
• Highly skilled in managing personal interactions
• Resilient under pressure
• Experience of leading whole school change and innovation in an educational context.
If so, we are recruiting to the above position ideally starting in September 2020, as we build on our journey of ‘Transformation to Excellence’.
If you think you have the passion, energy and drive to help us to move to the next stage in our development, we look forward to hearing from you.
Application packs can be downloaded from: www.cockburnschool.org/vacancies the closing date for this post is 9:00am on Tuesday 26th May 2020. Interviews will be held on Friday 29th May 2020.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
- Personal Specification AHT Behaviour and Attendance.pdf  0.13 MB
- Job Advert Assistant Headteacher.docx  0.22 MB
- MAT Application Form -leadership.docx  0.17 MB
- Job Description Assistant Headteacher - Behaviour and Attendance.pdf  0.14 MB
- Letter from Executive Headteacher.pdf  0.17 MB
|School size||1265 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Cockburn School website (opens in a new window)|
About Cockburn School
Cockburn School is an academy which is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school.
Our vision is to create opportunities within and beyond the curriculum to enable each student to become confident, independent and successful citizens in modern Britain.
Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme.
We have high expectations of academic success and discipline and believe that these are best achieved in a caring environment.
We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all.
Parkside, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS11 5TT