Assistant Headteacher & SENCO – KS2
We are looking to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to join our Leadership Team in the Junior School. The position is non-classed based and will focus on SEND responsibilities (SENCO qualification required) as well as supporting and leading a year group.
Candidates will need to be enthusiastic and have excellent teaching, leadership and management skills.
We are looking for a leader who:
• Has excellent knowledge of SEND
• Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Can think creatively and who has a commitment to working collaboratively with all members of our school community
• Can support and inspire colleagues through professional development and promotion of well-being
• Can support the raising of standards throughout the Federation
• Is an outstanding and reflective practitioner with high expectations and commitment to success for all children
If you would like to become part of our team and experience the rewards of working with colleagues that enable best outcomes for children and families in a richly diverse community - please apply.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
The Assistant Head Teacher and SENCO, in collaboration with other colleagues in the Leadership Team, plays a key role in the strategic development of the SEND policy and provision in the school, and the raising of attainment and achievement of all children. The SENCO takes day-to-day responsibility for the operation of the SEND policy and practice, and leads the provision made for individual children - working closely with staff, parents and carers and other agencies. The SENCO also provides related professional guidance to colleagues with the aim of securing high quality teaching for children within identified groups.
All maintained school benefits.
About Lathom Junior School
Lathom is a five-form entry junior school in East Ham, London borough of Newham; our school is a magnificent three-story Victorian building built in 1897. Our school community is richly diverse and very supportive of all that we do. We believe that all of our children deserve the best education we can give them. We work hard to create a successful learning culture which enables children to be informed, confident, enthusiastic, inspired and independent learners for life. We have developed an ethos where we continually try to spark children’s interest; their quality of learning is central to the school's work and purpose. All children are encouraged to achieve their full potential and celebrate their achievements.
- Lathom Road, London, E6 2DU
- LA Maintained School
- Lathom Junior School website (opens in a new window)