Wadham School – Vacancy
Assistant Headteacher - SENDCo
Full Time – Permanent Contract
Salary Scale: Leadership pay scale, range 8-12
Full-Time Salary: £50,151 - £55,337 (Pending a September pay increase)
We are seeking a passionate, energetic and ambitious SENDCo to join us as we begin an exciting new
chapter in the life of Wadham School.
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a talented
We are looking for an outstanding individual who will relish the opportunity to:
• Take responsibility for SEND provision in our Church of England Community School
• Co-ordinate and lead innovative and evidence-based provision for students who have identified
special educational needs and disabilities.
• Ensure that SEND provision and the graduated approach is embedded in every part of school life
• Work with exceptional professionals to further develop a shared understanding of learning
You are likely to be someone who:
• Is an inspirational and skilled classroom teacher and teacher of students with SEND
• Champions inclusion and is passionate about supporting young people with identified SEND
• Has a clear understanding of how young people with identified SEND can be supported to achieve in
the mainstream classroom
• Is ambitious for whole school leadership and thrives in an aspirational culture
• Will embrace our highly supportive, professional approach to school improvement
Wadham School can offer you:
• The chance to be a part of an exciting educational journey alongside highly regarding professionals
• The opportunity to work with exceptional colleagues and wonderful young people and their families
• Strong and supportive leadership, who place value on learning beyond the classroom
• The opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas of Southern England
• Fulfilment, in knowing that you matter, and the work you do makes a positive difference to the lives
For further information and an application form please visit our website: www.wadhamschool.co.uk
Please Note: we do not accept applications by CV.
Visits to the school or an informal talk with the Headteacher are warmly encouraged. For all enquires please
contact Lorrie Mahoney on LMahoney@wadhamschool.co.uk or telephone 01460 270127.
Deadline for applications to arrive at the school: 9:00am on Monday 17th October 2022.
Interviews will take place within the same week.