|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||L5 to L9 (£45, 319 to £50,026)|
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust wishes to appoint an Assistant Headteacher to work at SS John Fisher & Thomas More Catholic Primary School. The school is seeking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational teacher to take a strategic role in the leadership and management of the school in partnership with the Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team. Ss John Fisher & Thomas More Primary School is currently on an exciting journey of rapid school improvement since securing a “good” judgement from Ofsted in 2018. The school is a member of the Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust, which provides excellent opportunities for professional development within a wider context.
The main duties of the role are:
• Undertake the normal responsibilities of the class teacher
• Be a member of the senior leadership team
• Lead the development of Religious Education and the Catholic Life of the school
• Assist the headteacher in managing the school
• Support and represent the headteacher at meetings as and when required
• Undertake the professional duties of the headteacher during his/her absence
• Undertake such duties as delegated by the headteacher
The successful candidate will:
• A practising Catholic with a strong commitment to the Catholic ethos and vision of the school.
• Willing and able to lead the development of Religious Education & the Catholic Life of the school demonstrating passion and enthusiasm.
• An outstanding classroom teacher with high expectations of pupils’ achievement and behaviour.
• Knowledgeable and up to date with current educational practice.
• An excellent leader and manager with strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to motivate others and work as part of a team.
• An excellent communicator with a calm disposition and welcoming manner.
• Committed to working with parents and the wider parish community.
• Able to demonstrate the ability to raise standards in teaching and learning.
• Have strong moral and ethical principles and values
• Be enthusiastic and motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Be able to adapt and respond appropriately to challenging situations
• Be open to new ideas, committed to working as part of a team and of course have a good sense of humour.
We can offer the successful candidate:
• A caring, happy school with a strong Catholic ethos.
• Friendly and committed staff who are supportive and open to new ideas.
• Enthusiastic and well behaved children who enjoy learning.
• A commitment to Continuous Professional Development.
• Entry into a competitive pension scheme
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is an Equal Opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, religion, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, sex and sexual orientation.
The Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to enhanced DBS and barred list checks, satisfactory references and will be exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The applicant will be required to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people.
Applicants are advised that schools and colleges designated with a religious character in England and Wales are permitted by law to require certain posts to be filled by practising Catholics or individuals who hold a Catholic Certificate in Religious Studies. Where it is not a requirement of the role to be a practising Catholic, applications are invited from individuals committed to supporting the Catholic ethos of the school.
Please note CVs and agency referrals will not be accepted
Applying for the job
Closing Date: Friday 2 October 2020 at 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 5 October 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 14 & Friday 16 October 2020
If you would like to apply for the position, application packs are available from the Trust’s website: www.wcatrust.info. You should complete the CES senior leadership application form and in the supporting statement provide evidence of your suitability for the role. Completed forms should be returned to Andrea Sweeney, HR Manager, by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to read the notes to applicants, privacy notice, job description and person specification and disclosure form.More on how to apply
- wcat JD & PS Assistant Headteacher pdf.pdf  1.70 MB
|School type||Academy, Roman Catholic|
|School size||336 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||2 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||St John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School website (opens in a new window)|
About St John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School
Primary - 3-11 years
Arranging a visit to St John Fisher and Thomas More Catholic Primary School
Prospective candidates are warmly invited to visit the school and meet with the Headteacher. Please contact Collette Austin by e-mail: email@example.com to make arrangements.
Woodhouse Lane, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M22 9NW