Assistant Headteacher: STEM
Rye College is at an exciting point in its growth. Having recently joined the Aquinas trust and begun a £4 million redevelopment of buildings, we are now looking to further expand our leadership team to continue our rapid transformation into a leading education provider on the south coast.
If you are excited about leadership and learning – be excited about us. Be the difference!
We are seeking to appoint an inspirational, innovative and dynamic leader to join our highly-motivated leadership team. This assistant headship has a particular focus on the development of high quality STEM provision through the growth of effective subject teams, targeted training programmes and rigorous accountability at all levels. We are driven by a pursuit of high academic standards regardless of start points or background, and a desire for all students to experience an exceptional education. We want every child to grow and flourish in our care.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Be an experienced or aspirational leader excited by transformational change;
• Have a high level of intellect, relentless optimism and common sense;
• Be exemplary and inspiring in their teaching;
• Have a proven track record of inspiring and motivating young people;
• Be a strategic planner who is able to evaluate progress and outcomes;
• Be an inspiring leader who will support, challenge and enthuse colleagues effectively; and,
• Be a dedicated practitioner committed to student progress and continual improvement.
In addition to the job description, our ideal candidate will:
• Be a champion of STEM learning– advocating for the inclusion and achievement of all;
• Develop a STEM curriculum offer so all students can access high-quality experiences;
• Widen effective teaching, learning and assessment practices to all STEM classrooms;
• Improve outcomes for all groups on our science, technology, engineering and maths courses;
• Provide STEM related information, advice and guidance alongside enrichment opportunities;
• Create an excitement and engagement with STEM subjects for students and their families;
• Secure sustainability with a forward-thinking approach to recruitment and retention;
• Grow ambition so our courses feed into next stage employers and local education providers.
Essential educational requirements
Degree or equivalent
Evidence of training in preparation for Senior Leadership
Evidence of commitment to Professional Development
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Level of management experience:
Experience of Senior Leadership or Middle Leadership including roles such as Faculty Leader, Curriculum Leader or Quality Leader etc.
Specific aspects of leadership and management.
Experience in one or more of the following:
• Curriculum development;
• Improvement planning;
• Quality assurance;
• Subject, course or qualification leadership;
• Whole college strategies.
• As a highly effective classroom teacher.
In return, we offer:
• A unique opportunity to lead transformational school improvement;
• A happy community committed to the professional development of all colleagues;
• A distinctive local context ensuring we place inclusivity at the heart of all we do;
• A skilled and experienced team of teachers and other professionals;
• A motivated leadership team leading rapid improvement to the students’ life chances;
• A college in which the students are enthusiastic, engaging and thoughtful.
About Rye College
- Love Lane, Rye, TN31 7NQ
- Rye College website (opens in a new window)