Headteacher for Teaching and Learning is a significant senior leadership
position. You will have excellent
leadership qualities, creativity and energy and will work alongside the
existing senior leadership team and Wessex School Improvement Team to make
continued, sustainable improvements.
The core purpose of the role is to maximise the provision of
strong leadership for raising standards of Teaching and Learning in the
- Promoting the highest standards of
Teaching and Learning in order to ensure the very best academic
achievements in the Academy, and to create a positive atmosphere
conducive to learning
- Developing, leading, and managing effective
strategies to further improve standards of Teaching and Learning
- Coordinating Upper and Middle School
liaison to support the progression of learning between all key stages
- Lead the professional development of
student facing staff and middle leaders
- Ensuring robust induction systems are
in place to support ECTs, ITT and new teaching staff
- Line manage designated curriculum and
- To carry out professional duties in
accordance with the Academy Teachers’ Pay and Conditions document
will be responsible for the strategic leadership of teaching and
learning to ensure continued improvement, and for interpreting and
articulating its vision.
to the strategic development and planning of whole school improvement.
- As a member of the Senior Leadership
Team you will be responsible for the strategic development of Teaching and
Learning across the whole school (Key Stage 3, 4 and 5), in conjunction with
the Wessex Learning Trust policy, ensuring all teaching staff deliver
stimulating and inspiring education.
Kings Academy is a fabulous school. We have great students and fabulous
staff. We are a happy school that likes to laugh but also one that is serious
about delivering for our young people.
Our motto is ‘Believe and Succeed’. We must believe in ourselves, have
self-esteem, have a can-do culture and be solution-driven. This leads to our
success, for our students and our staff.
The Academy has been on a journey and
the following changes have been made:
- Introduction of extended tutor time on Fridays
- Introduction of focus days to extend the wider
- Re-shaping of business and administrative roles
- Creation of business and administrative support
- Development of a faculty system for subjects
- Embedding the house system as the structure for the
- Creation of a welfare and intervention team
- Creation of a staff welfare group
- Re-designing student feedback systems
- Introducing new, bespoke behaviour systems
- Promote leadership and empowerment for all staff
What the Academy
now needs to do is to embed these changes, to focus on ‘World Class Basics’ and
keep ‘Believing and Succeeding’.
If you're interested in teaching or training to teach in England as an international citizen, we can help you understand your next steps