Assistant Headteacher: Teaching & Learning
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Senior Leadership Team at The Manor Academy as Assistant Headteacher for Teaching & Learning. Here at the Manor teaching and Learning is at the heart of ever decision we make. Leaders acknowledge the high status, value and importance of teaching and learning and in creating a learning culture which enables pupils to become effective, enthusiastic and independent, life-long learners.
As Assistant Head for teaching and learning you will hold a crucial leadership position within the organisational structure of the school and in this role they will work with the School Leadership Team to ensure teaching & learning is developed and maintained at a high standard across the school.
This post will play a major role in contributing, reviewing and progressing the School Improvement Plan and the aims and objectives of the school. The post will also be responsible for line management of specific subject leaders, strategic leadership of a significant aspect or area of the school and overseeing the programme of Continuing Professional Development for all teaching and support staff within the school
The Manor Academy is seeking to appoint a leader who sets high professional standards for themselves and others through their actions, has a clear vision and moral purpose who will work collaboratively with all stakeholders to further improve standards at the academy. The successful candidate will have the drive and commitment to ensure that high standards are met through the continued development of a vibrant, research based and reflective CPD and training programmes.
If you would like further information on this post or a tour of Manor Academy then please contact Hazel Robinson on 01623 425 106 or email@example.com.
Essential educational requirements
Degree in a relevant subject.
Qualified Teacher Status or completion of training programme.
Essential skills and experience
Significant experience of successful Middle Leadership as a curriculum leader/ Head of Faculty.
Ability to think strategically and communicate to all staff.
Ability to inspire, challenge, motivate and empower others.
Ability to provide inspiration and strong leadership to all staff.
A passion for enhancing staff performance to enabling them to thrive.
Why join us?
The Manor Academy has an excellent reputation for its high standards of teaching, student behaviour and academic achievement. Ofsted recognised the journey we have been on when recently grading us as a “good” school, citing that the quality of education has been transformed since the last inspection.
Our academy is part of The Two Counties Trust. This Trust has a forward-thinking HR strategy with all the professional benefits that this brings for staff. We are easily reached by public transport, and for those who drive, there is a large free staff carpark. We have excellent facilities for staff and our students enabling them to learn and achieve in a positive environment.
• The opportunity to develop professionally through working with a highly professional and outwardly facing leadership team, with the potential to gain nationally recognised leadership qualifications to further your long term career development.
• As part of The Two Counties Trust you will also gain access to work with a wide range of leaders from a range of school environments.
• Highly competitive pay and pay progression opportunities. Our salaries for leadership and teachers on the Upper Pay Scale and in receipt of a TLR are above national pay scales
• An increasing array of employee benefits and lifestyle options including discounted healthcare, gym membership and extensive high street retail discounts.
• The ability to request flexible working.
• Entry to a career average pension scheme.
• A full induction and a strong commitment to your professional development.
• Opportunities to experience and share practice in our partner schools across the Trust.
• A stimulating, supportive and rewarding working environment with a dedicated team of like-minded professionals.
• Excellent opportunities to develop your skills and to progress your career.
About The Manor Academy
- Park Hall Road, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG19 8QA
- The Manor Academy website (opens in a new window)