Assistant Headteacher with responsibility for specialist COIN centre
This is a very exciting development for our school and we are looking forward to opening our specialist centre in September 2020. We have a clear vision at Bell Farm and we believe that to prepare children for the future they are entitled to the best standards in education and we endeavour to achieve academic excellence. The specialist centre will build on one of our main strengths of being an inclusive school.
We have a hard working, committed and supportive staff team and we would like our new assistant headteacher to join our dedicated and dynamic SLT. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inclusive education and who has experience of teaching children with communication and interaction needs. You will be an inspirational teacher and have a proven track record of strong outcomes for all children.
This is a great opportunity to set up and open our new provision at Bell Farm and develop a bespoke curriculum that meets the needs of all children.
Accountable for the strategic direction and development of agreed areas, under the direction of the headteacher
• Provide senior leadership with overall responsibility for the specialist centre and ensuring excellent integration into and working with the mainstream school in the inclusion strand of the school.
• Support strategic development of the school ensuring the best outcomes for all children.
• Support the creation and implementation of the school strategic plan.
• Have line management responsibility for all centre staff.
• Inspire, challenge and motivate others.
• Promote effective communication between the centre and the mainstream school including all staff, the leadership team and governors.
• Participate in, and influence, school decision making.
• Be responsible for providing appropriate CPD for centre and mainstream staff that not only ensures excellent integration for the centre children but upskills all staff in supporting SEND children in the mainstream school.
• In conjunction with the inclusion manager of the mainstream school exploit opportunities for the mainstream children to work with the centre children.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
Three years teaching experience
Successful experience of developing the skills of colleagues
Leadership experience in a school, including leading whole school development and change
Experience of working with pupils with SEN
Successful experience as a curriculum leader in a core area
Talented and outstanding teacher
Have very high expectations
Able to cater for the needs of all pupils
Track record of adding value to pupils learning
Excellent knowledge of and creative approach to the curriculum
Outstanding classroom management and organisation skills
Ability to use ICT creatively to enhance learning
Commitment to promoting equity, high standards and excellence
Ability to inspire, challenge and influence the practice of others
Ability to deal with difficult and critical situations when they arise
Understanding of school evaluation, planning and monitoring
A passion for and commitment to education and making a difference
A successful and reflective professional learner
We can offer you:
● Individually-tailored CPD; Bell Farm is committed to the development of inspired, confident and passionate staff.
● A supportive and strong Senior Leadership Team that leads the school with clear goals.
● Free places at Breakfast Club for any children that attend Bell Farm during working hours.
● An Employee Assistance Programme, offering confidential support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
● MyBenefits: a reward scheme for employees of Surrey County Council.
● A weekly Business Manager award, to recognise a member of staff who has made an outstanding contribution to the team.
● A termly reward to a member of staff drawn at random from those with 100% attendance.
● An annual award to all members of staff with 100% attendance for the year.
● Free teas and coffees during breaks.
About Bell Farm Primary School
Bell Farm received a 'Good' rating from Ofsted in March 2019, with the inspection praising a "strongly inclusive culture" that "helps this large school to feel like a family where everyone is known, listened to and cared for." Our beautiful grounds are enjoyed by friendly and polite pupils who are eager to learn, supported by a welcoming community of staff, parents and governors all working together. We're situated less than a mile from both Hersham and Walton-on-Thames train stations, with fast trains into Waterloo taking just 26 minutes. Often featured on lists of the best places to live and raise a family, Walton-on-Thames is renowned for its pretty towpath, open spaces and friendly pubs, shops and cafes.
- Hersham Road, Walton-on-Thames, Surrey, KT12 5NB
- LA Maintained School
- Bell Farm Primary School website (opens in a new window)