- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- MPS/UPS (£25,714 - £41,604 p.a.) plus TLR E (equivalent to £8,291 p.a.)
TLR: E (equivalent to £8,291 p.a.)
Start Date: January 2022
Winterbourne Academy is seeking to appoint to the position of Assistant Key Stage Lead/Teacher.
This post arises for the following primary reasons:
• Part of the academy’s ongoing improvement journey and strengthening core structures
• Part of the academy’s preparations for Ofsted inspection, which is likely to occur during this academic year.
• To provide the next step in the evolution of the pastoral strand within our Key Stage teams
The aim is to make a strong case for additional pastoral and strategic leadership capacity now and into the future, preparing for inspection and post-Ofsted planning in related areas
During the current academic year, we are working to bring together the improvement work of the last 3 years into a composite body of evidence with which to navigate section 8 inspection and set the tone for the next few years of Winterbourne’s upwards trajectory. This work coalesces at the same time that Winterbourne Academy plans to welcome the first cohort of the new Lyde Green School in September 2022, who will be temporarily accommodated on our site until the new school is built.
This post will provide valuable professional experience and a platform for ongoing career development for the type of aspirational and ambitious leader who can make a real difference at a critical time for Winterbourne.
Skills, Attributes and Experience
• QTS status and 2 or more years’ teaching experience
• A genuine interest in the pastoral development of young people and an aptitude for the creation of a strong, positive ethos.
• Relevant pastoral experience, convincing leadership behaviours, the ability to command the respect of peers, parents and students
• Persuasiveness and a strong personal presence.
• A relentlessly energetic, positive and adaptable disposition.
• Emotional and professional resilience, a positive, forward-looking and solution-focused mind-set.
• A willingness to take complex decisions against a backdrop of competing priorities and to hold difficult conversations with students and adults
• The ability to multi-task effectively and to engage with a wide range of stakeholders
• A track record of building positive ethos and securing improvement is essential. You should provide evidence of your experience of the management of meaningful change as well as the ability to be resilient in the face of adversity.
Interested parties are warmly invited to submit an OAT Application Form. All applicants are advised to refer to the candidate information pack before submitting an application.
Candidates should state why they feel that they have the skills, attributes and experiences to fulfil the role, and how this fits within their wider career development trajectory. There is also another question that must be answered, please refer to the candidate pack for details.
Closing Date: Friday, 15th October 2021 (by 9:00 am) - We recommend early applications as the academy reserves the right to close the advert prior to the stated deadline date
Interview Date: Tuesday, 19th October 2021
* Collaborative working within our shared family of Schools
* Excellent CPD opportunities
* Competitive rates of pay, in line with national rates
* Onsite parking
* Onsite canteen
* Cycle to Work scheme
* Discounted gym membership
* Employer contributing Pension Scheme
* Staff recognition scheme
* Lunches in exchange for a contribution to student enrichment
* Annual Flu Jab
* Fantastic facilities
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.