Outwood Academy Brumby is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Assistant Principal to join our strong and supportive Senior Leadership Team. In this role, the successful candidate will provide proactive support to the Principal / Vice Principal to ensure that the leadership and management of the Academy operate at the most effective level possible.
To be successful, we require an outstanding classroom practitioner, who can motivate and inspire both staff and students. You must possess the skills of determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’.This post is a key appointment in terms of enhancing and ensuring positive life chances for our students through success and achievement in this key area.
You will have excellent leadership qualities and possess the energy and enthusiasm which is necessary to drive forward rapid and on-going developments, as we continue our outstanding journey, achieving the best possible outcomes for all of our students. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for an ambitious and dynamic individual, who will help to shape the future of the Academy.
Applications are invited from strategic thinkers who wish to develop their career within a fast moving environment and who have:-
- A proven record of successful leadership at senior or middle level.
- A clear understanding and the capacity to develop and promote the academy vision.
- The interpersonal skills necessary to inspire others to ensure whole school commitment and enthusiasm.
Outwood Grange Academies Trust supports colleagues by funding an extensive range of accredited training courses and apprenticeship opportunities up to Masters level. We also offer:
- Your starting salary plus annual inflation linked increases. The starting salary will be dependent on experience.
- We follow the principles of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document
- You will be automatically enrolled into the generous Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Pay progression happens automatically on the anniversary of the target period appropriate to your role
- Flexible family friendly policies from day one
- We have our own Workload Charter and are committed to ensuring that Teachers’ workloads are manageable
- All teachers receive an allotted minimum of two hours CPD each week
- Access to centralised resources to support with lesson planning and reducing workload
- Comprehensive induction and training process
You will also be automatically enrolled into our Employee Assistance Programme which gives you and your family members free access to:
- Specialist information on a wide range of work-life issues
- Emotional support and counselling for a wide range of personal and work issues
- Legal guidance
- Financial guidance and debt counselling
- Child and dependent care support and advice
- Support for managers
We are also a wellbeing employer with a dedicated wellbeing policy and menopause policy, along with menopause champions based in our academies. Other benefits include:
- Free flu vaccinations
- Free onsite parking
- Employee discounts such as competitively priced Synergy Car Leasing
- Access to various discount sites
Outwood Grange Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All appointments are made in accordance with safer recruitment practices and the statutory guidance in Keeping Children Safe in Education. Online checks will be carried out on all shortlisted candidates, and all appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and checks regarding suitability to work with children.
This job post has expired.