We are looking for an Assistant Principal to assist the Executive Principal and the Principal in the strategic and operational management, development and leadership of Harris Academy Morden , and ensure the achievement of our ethos, aims and objectives within the context of the Academy's strategic and development plans.Main Areas of Responsibility
Your role will be:
Qualifications & Experience
- To create a true learning institution in the academy at all levels.
- To play a major role in formulating the aims and objectives of the academy; in establishing the policies through which they will be achieved and in monitoring progress towards their achievement;
- Lead on and develop the shared vision for the academy;
- Leading the development and maintenance of a high quality positive learning environment to raise standards;
- To take full responsibility for all aspects of teaching and learning in your key area of responsibility.
- To ensure high quality teaching across the academy and particularly in your key areas by monitoring students' work and teachers' planning.
- To work with colleagues to ensure data is used effectively and consistently across the academy.
- To work with the SLT to lead the academy's assessment and reporting programme.
- To support staff in making sure high quality intervention programmes are in place when underachievement is identified.
- To support colleagues and subject leaders in developing schemes of learning, short and medium term planning.
- With the SLT, to develop strategies to enhance teachers' ability to learn and to develop advanced teaching skills in the academy workforce.
- Acting as a role model in the provision of high quality learning, teaching and assessment.
- Coordinating the activities of staff including teaching and learning strategies, curriculum development and effective use of resources.
- To lead and manage staff in an appropriate manner, offering support, encouragement, guidance and advice to ensure effective policy in practice.
- To assist in the implementation of effective procedures to support teachers who are underperforming, responding to the outcomes of this support as appropriate.
- To maintain high morale amongst staff and set an example of professional standards and leadership.
- To contribute to the recruitment, training, deployment and professional development of staff as appropriate.
- To promote and sustain effective management of the Academy environment, its site and buildings.
- To provide information about the work and performance of staff, where this is relevant to their future employment at the academy or elsewhere.
- To chair meetings, as appropriate to specific roles, ensuring effective consultation, delegation of responsibility and successful implementation of outcomes.
- QTS (or equivalent)
- Degree or equivalent
- Extensive teaching experience
- Outstanding teaching practice
- Successful management experience as Head of Department or member of the SLT
- Experience of writing department SEF
- Experience of lesson observations and giving feedback
- Experience of improvement planning
- Experience of implementing a range of strategies to raise student achievement, with evidence of success
- Contribution to impact on the quality of learning and teaching and curriculum
- Experience of developing and sustaining positive relationships with students, parents, staff and the Governing Body to build consensus support and capacity
- Proven track record of managing and implementing change in relation to teaching practices and standards
- A track record of success in leadership and management
Knowledge & Understanding
- Ability to use data to analyse performance and manage interventions
- Understands current position with the 14-19 curriculum.
- Understands how to plan lessons with challenging learning objectives and outcomes
- Understanding of Assessment for Learning
- Effective use of ICT to promote learning
- Understands the factors effecting learning
- Understanding of e-learning
- Strategies to maintain good behaviour and pace
- Strategies for monitoring and evaluation of standards of attainment
- Effective development of staff and resources
Skills and Disposition
- Personal organisation and time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret data effectively and act upon the information
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to work within a team and manage a team
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact George Edwards via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.Safeguarding Notice
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants.Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.Equal Opportunities
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
This job post has expired.