L8 - L12
Job Title: Assistant Principal (Technology and Vocational Education)
Grade: L8 – L12
Responsible to: Principal
Line Management of: Post holders in the technology and vocational faculty, college careers
Important Functional Relationships:
Executive Principal; Principal, Director of Standards, College Leadership team members; Heads of Faculty and Heads of House; members of teaching and non-teaching staff; students; parents.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leadership of the technology and vocational curriculum including intent, implementation and impact, careers education and IAG.
• Line manage technology and vocational faculty
• Developing links with the local, regional and national industrial partners
• Produce appropriate policies through discussion and consultation.
• To be a member of the Academy Leadership Team (ALT) and assist the Executive Principal, Principal and other members of the team with whole College leadership and management.
• To share responsibility with the ALT for promoting high standards of attitude and behaviour among the pupils.
• To attend weekly meetings of the ALT.
• Encourage and develop co-operative approaches among staff and students and among students themselves.
• To chair meetings of staff and to lead working parties of teachers as the need arises.
• Participate fully in staff development and staff performance management and to give a lead where necessary.
• Provide statistical information about the College to the Principal for internal purposes or when required by external agencies.
• Participate in and lead College assemblies as and when required.
• Help promote a good relationship with the local community.
• The postholder must at all times carry out his or her responsibilities with due regard to the College’s Single Equality Scheme.
• Work at all times within the code of requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act.
• The postholder must also undertake other duties appropriate to the grading of the post, as required.
Applying for the job
Link to application pack found at www.bidefordcollege.org/recruitment/
More on how to apply
Completed application form returned to email@example.com
1251 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Bideford College
Bideford College is part of the Launceston College Multi Academy Trust (Trust) alongside Altarnun Primary, Atlantic Academy, Egloskerry Primary, Launceston College and Launceston Primary School (opening in September 2021).
Our Trust aims for young people to become happy, responsible and successful by learning the knowledge, skills and values which are important for society.
We seek to develop adventurous students, who have the character, resilience and self-awareness required to be successful. We have exceptionally high aspirations for our students and seek to support them no matter what their background or circumstances.
We offer a distinctively broad, personalised, and academically rigorous curriculum across our primary and secondary schools, and aspire to the highest standards of teaching and learning.
As a Trust we share information and best practices to ensure we focus on an excellent and sustainable 0-19 learning journey for children, with a strong focus on our school and Trust community.
We seek applicants who are aligned to our aim and vision and have the talent and passion to deliver that vision successfully. We support all our schools with our Trust-wide leadership and management, teaching and learning, school improvement, financial, administrative, estates, safeguarding and HR expertise.
We are looking for professional staff who can support the delivery of an exceptional education for the young people in our care.
Bideford College is a rapidly improving 11 – 18 secondary school on the North Devon coast. It aims to ensure that all students, regardless of socio-economic background can successfully move on to their next step in education or employment with the skills and qualifications they need. We do this through a broad and balanced curriculum and co-curricular offer which enables students to develop resilience, knowledge and contribute positively to the local and global community. We are committed to driving up standards, insisting on high expectations and raising the aspirations of our students.
We are proud of the broad and balanced curriculum that we offer our students in both the main school and in the sixth form. It offers the potential to develop a range of academic and vocational skills that prepares young people for careers in the 21st century. This is underpinned by a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities that nurtures the development of sporting, artistic and technical talents that sees our students succeed at a local, national and international level.
Bideford College is a caring community and we are proud of the inclusive school climate that has been created through the positive relationships developed between students and staff. We want our students to feel safe in the learning culture that exists in the classrooms of the college.
We will offer:
● A modern, well equipped college with outstanding facilities.
● A large team of dedicated and committed staff.
● A culture which seeks to be fair, developmental, and supportive of staff and pupils.
● A large support network across the primary and secondary settings.
● A focus on staff wellbeing.
● Generous pension and holidays.
● Attractive pay and opportunities to develop skills across the Trust.
● Support from cross Trust systems and leaders.