- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Leadership scale 12 to 16
Teaching and Learning
1. Develop a classroom environment and teaching practice which secures effective learning across the breadth of the Academy and provide a professional model, clearly demonstrating effective teaching, classroom organisation, learning environment and high standards of achievement, behaviour and discipline;
2. Monitor the quality of teaching and student’s achievements including the analysis of performance data.
3. Plan, deliver and monitor the impact of continual professional learning.
4. Embed and develop the academy wide teaching and learning framework.
5. Embed a homework policy which reinforces learning.
6. Ensure high quality induction for new staff and Early Careers Teachers.
7. Develop a culture of coaching and mentoring to improve practice.
8. Develop and embed Student Leadership across the academy.
1. To promote strong standards of behaviour in the school and secure consistency in expected routines.
2. The implementation of whole Academy policy and practice.
3. Contributing to whole Academy and wider community development.
4. Undertaking professional duties and administrative tasks as reasonably delegated by the Principal.
5. Participating in whole Academy planning and policy making.
6. Leading significant monitoring, review and evaluation roles.
7. Leading significant Academy development and improvement projects.
8. Attending and leading senior staff and other Academy committees and meetings within the Trust to share ideas and best practice for all schools.
9. Attending and contributing to meetings of the Governors' committees and full Governors meetings, for example through the preparation of papers and presentation of issues for consideration.
10. Line management of some subject teams.
11. Support staff in matters of student behaviour and discipline.
12. Participating in and supporting staff duty rotas.
13. Taking assemblies.
14. Organising and contributing to community events and activities.
15. Develop positive working relationships with and between all staff and provide and sustain motivation.
16. Lead groups of staff in developmental activities, delegate appropriately and evaluate outcomes.
17. Contribute to the implementation of the Trust’s Appraisal policy.
18. Support staff with matters of student behaviour and discipline.
19. Contribute positively to the appointment, deployment and development of staff to make most effective use of their skills, expertise and experience and to ensure that all staff have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.