This job expired on 20 April 2023
20 April 2023 at 11:59pm
21 March 2023
Full-time equivalent salary
- United Learning leadership scale
Assistant Principal job summary
Castle View Academy is a rapidly expanding (12 -16) academy based on the edge of Portsmouth, serving the community of Paulsgrove. We are part of the United Learning group, the largest multi academy trust in the UK, and we are seeking a driven, ambitious and aspiring leader to join our team.
Awarded ‘Good’ by Ofsted in June 2022, we have a relentless focus on high standards in all that we do. We work together to dismantle any barriers to learning and achievement and have a total belief that every student can be successful regardless of their starting point. We have a consistent and effective approach to behaviour which means teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching.
Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on student learning. Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research, constantly reviewed, and tailored to our unique context.
The role of the Assistant Principal is to ensure the climate for learning and the academy environment is one of high standards, incredible behaviour, mutual respect and optimism. As a figure head of the organisation the Assistant Principal is relentless in their pursuit of ‘excellence in all we do.’
As a member of the Academy Leadership Team, the Assistant Principal works alongside the Principal in defining and articulating the vision and values for the Academy and then implements this through their actions. They are committed to ‘Excellence in all we do’ and believe in the Castle View Leadership Principles.
- Ensure your moral purpose is known and understood by all, lead by example and ensure that you have students at the heart of your decision making.
- Be restless and aware of new ideas, have a detailed overview and understanding of data, ensure intervention is implemented clearly and with precision.
- Leave absolutely nothing to chance or let emotion get in the way of necessary action.
- Find opportunities to offer deep personal gratitude for the work of colleagues in an open and closed forum and create a culture of positive support and encouragement.
- Be relentless in the pursuit of excellent outcomes and better education opportunities for the community we serve.
Main Core Duties:
- To be the Senior Leader responsible for assessment, data tracking, reporting and raising standards
- To work in partnership with the Vice Principal to ensure the best teaching, learning and progress is evident
- To contribute to raising standards of achievement and maximising student attainment in all subjects across the academy
- Play a major part in securing outstanding outcomes in the classes you teach and across the Academy
- Be committed to the safeguarding of children across the Multi Academy Trust
About Castle View Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 560 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Castle View Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire