We are looking for a hardworking, ambitious and dynamic leader to be Director of HAWI6 for our brand new sixth form opening in September 2023.
Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate (with a good degree)
- Qualified Teacher.
- Minimum of four years teaching experience including teaching sixth form students.
- Evidence of leading, supporting and managing others, both individuals and teams, ensuring high quality performance.
- Recent experience of involvement in innovative curriculum /pastoral development.
- Understanding of how whole Academy strategies can be used across the curriculum to raise standards.
- Evidence of continuous self-development and updates knowledge in the fields of teaching and learning and education management, particularly in the areas of responsibility for this post.
Skills and Abilities
- To be an outstanding teacher.
- The ability to make sounds judgements on standards of teaching and learning observed, giving quality feedback.
- Ability to lead and manage own work effectively and take responsibility for own professional development,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A passion for education and making a difference.
- Emotional maturity and resilience dealing with challenging situations.
- Strong work ethic and capacity for hard work.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, including prioritizing tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to anticipate and sole problems.
- Ability to encourage and inspire young people to achieve.
- Ability to work as part of a team; working effectively with people across a wide rage of levels and responsibilities.
- Flexibility of approach to work.
- Computer literate—must have good ICT skills including a working knowledge of MS packages.
- Ability to relate well to colleagues and students
- A professional manner.
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- Flexibility in approach to completion of work.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Generosity of spirit and a sense of humour.
Harris Academy Wimbledon opened in September 2018. We are a brand new, co-educational 11-18 school for the High Path area. We currently have 900 students in year 7-11 and will open a 6th form in September 2023.
Harris Academy Wimbledon promotes high levels of academic achievement across the curriculum, encourages participation in extra-curricular opportunities and empowers students to make decisions wisely. The curriculum is rich, diverse and personalised ensuring every student achieves his or her true potential. Academic success goes hand-in hand with a rich variety of enrichment and extra-curricular activities; these help foster a spirit of aspiration, resilience and joy in learning.
Professional learning is at the heart of academy the academy, supporting all staff in their development. The academy has a growth mindset approach where industry and commitment are seen as cultural virtues. Development of resilience, self esteem, managing risks/consequences and the ability to work effectively together all form a key part of the pastoral provision.
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, 26 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays) for non term-time only employees, and many other benefits.
Your responsibilities will include:
- To monitor the quality of learning experienced by the sixth form, liaising with Directors of Subject/Subject Leaders and offering support and guidance where necessary.
- To lead the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) and oversee the Sixth Form Curriculum and ensure the provision is suitable for the cohort.
- To complete data analysis on progress reviews and present findings to key stakeholders.
- To oversee the pastoral care for all HAWI6 students.
- To lead and develop appropriate PSHE sessions for HAWI6 students.
- To monitor HAWI6 students attendance and punctuality and take action to improve this when necessary.
- To ensure that high standards of behaviour and dress code are maintained throughout HAWI6.
- To oversee the entire UCAS process.
- To oversee the entire application process for HAWI6.
- To promote HAWI6 and meet recruitment targets.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.