Assistant Principal for Sport
Ark Globe Academy, London
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||£61,269 to £66,718|
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced leader who will brand Ark Globe Academy as a centre of excellence in sports. They will tap into the talent that already exists within the Academy and develop new partnerships, as well as maintaining the current partnerships with organisations such as Fulham FC Football club.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified to degree level and above
• Qualified to teach and work in the UK
• Evidence of professional development relevant to the Advanced Skills Teacher (now Lead Practitioner) standards.
• Experience of providing professional development to teachers, including coaching, mentoring and training
• Experience of designing and developing resources to support learning across different subject areas
• Experience of preparing and leading training sessions
• Demonstrable experience of significantly raising attainment in a challenging context
• Experience of reflecting on and improving teaching practice to increase student achievement
• Evidence of continually improving the teaching and learning in their subject area though schemes of work, assessment and extra-curricular activities etc.
Essential skills and experience
• Knowledge of the latest educational research, findings and best practices
• Excellent understanding of the OFSTED Framework and what constitutes effective teaching and learning
• Excellent knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3, KS4 and ideally KS5 and a solid grounding in the assessment processes used to support planning and raise student attainment across these Key Stages
• Understanding of the strategies needed to establish consistently high aspirations and standards of results and behaviour.
|Education phase||All Through|
|School size||1271 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||3 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Ark Globe Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About Ark Globe Academy
Harper Road, London, SE1 6AG