The ability to teach Maths would be advantageous
We are looking for an experienced teacher ready the next steps or a current Assistant Principal. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Experienced teacher looking for their next step as a Senior Leader or a current Assistant Principal, who embrace challenge and value changing lives in an area of high deprivation
- A dedicated professional who values align to our commitments to arts, culture and creativity and the world beyond school
- Those who possess high-levels of communication skills, emotional intelligence and lead with integrity. We are a school community built on positive relationships.
- A strategic thinker who can turn policy into practice and evidence impact across key school improvement areas.
- A caring and empathetic leader who cares about enriching the lives of students and supporting and developing colleagues
- Someone with a high level of commitment to Safeguarding and Staff Wellbeing
- Experience leading an area of school improvement
Someone with a sense of humour who will further enhance the outstanding Senior Leadership Team
Significant changes have been made in the last year to remove barriers to improvement, and the successful candidate will be joining the senior leadership team at a critical and exciting time to drive standards forward and ensure the best outcomes for all our students. Specific responsibilities will be decided upon appointment of the successful candidate.
You will be joining a group of 13 successful schools serving approximately 4000 children from nursery through to 18 years of age as part of the Central Regions Schools Trust, founded by the RSA.
In return we can offer:
- A challenging and supportive learning environment
- State of the art facilities
- Opportunities for working with other colleagues across the Trust
- CPD to support you to the next level of your career
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Care First Employee Assistance Programme
- The opportunity to make a real difference to young people’s lives.
All Assistant Principals play a critical role in the life of the school. They inspire confidence in those around them and work with others to create a shared strategic vision which motivates students and staff. They take the lead in enhancing standards of teaching and learning and value enthusiasm and innovation in others. They have the confidence and ability to make management and organisational decisions and ensure equity, access and entitlement to learning.
Assistant Principals must demonstrate sustained high quality of performance in respect of school leadership and management and student progress and will be subject to a review of performance against the following before any performance points will be awarded.
- Their planning and review statement.
- National standards for school leadership.
- Where appropriate, the learning outcomes for the National Award for Special Educational Needs Coordination.
Annual pay progression within the range for this post is not automatic. Any progression will normally be by one point, but the Trust Board will consider movement by two points in the following exceptional circumstances:
- Additional experience or training undertaken which would enhance performance.
- Sustained and continued measured improvement related to the educational performance of the students at the school.
- Clear and documented demonstration of exceptional performance with respect to all aspects of the management and leadership of the school.
Line managed by: Vice Principal/Principal
- To be decided based on the successful candidates’ skills and experience
- To be confirmed on appointment
Departments to Line Manage - TBC
If you are excited by this role and believe you have the vision and values to fulfil this challenge, then please contact the HR department on GOSHR@gospeloakschool.co.uk or by calling us on 0121 556 1351.
A visit to the School and an informal chat with the Principal is welcomed and encouraged prior to making your application.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd February 2024 @ 10am
Interviews will be held week commencing 26th February 2024, prior to 29th February 2024
Want to know more about Gospel Oak School?
Please visit our website www.gospeloakschool.co.uk, the Central Region Schools Trust website www.centralregionschoolstrust.co.uk and don’t forget to take a look at our promotional video.
Central Region Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment checks.
This job post has expired.