An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Principal to join our Senior Leadership Team from January 2020!
As part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust, we value staff collaboration and continuing professional development. As we strive to continually improve provision and outcomes for our children, we are very effectively supported by University of Brighton’s School of Education.
At Holmbush Primary Academy, we strive to work in partnership with parents and pupils to ensure that we provide the very best learning experiences for our children. Our hardworking and committed staff have created a nurturing and stimulating environment where all children are valued and their strengths celebrated. Our broad, exciting and continually evolving curriculum has been designed to provide the children with memorable learning, whilst developing their independent learning skills, which they will use and develop throughout their lives.
We can offer you:
• A supportive and friendly environment
• Excellent facilities
• A commitment to the professional development of all staff
• Well motivated pupils
• A positive and caring ethos
• Regular weekly non-contact time for management duties
• A commitment to ongoing CPD
We would like you to:
• Have a teaching responsibility (approximately 0.4)
• Be proficient in data analysis including the IDSR and internal tracking.
• Have experience of moderation across academies/ schools.
• Be responsible for monitoring and acting on the quality of teaching and CPD requirements across the school.
• Have experience in holding staff to account through Performance Management and through other means of monitoring.
• Show impact in leading whole school projects
• Ensure the pastoral academic success of all pupils working with parents, children and outside agencies.
• Support the importance of safeguarding the welfare or pupils and raise concerns in line with procedures
• Be highly visible in day to day management of the academy
• Ensure all policies including behaviour are applied consistently by all staff and pupils
• Monitor, evaluate and review pupil progress
• Ensure consistent high expectations on our journey to OFSTED Outstanding through maintaining a clear vision, purpose and high expectations focused on pupil achievement.
Visits to the academy are highly recommended and can be arranged by contacting Mrs G Simons via email@example.com
Essential educational requirements
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
Knowledge and Experience
• Undertaking leadership within a primary setting.
• Undertaking the implementation of academy developments which have improved the lives and attainment of pupils.
• Teaching to a high standard.
• Development planning which has contributed to whole academy achievement
• Good knowledge and thorough understanding of policy and practice
• Clear understanding of the standards and outcomes required for success
• Participation in a range of activities to monitor performance.
• Excellent knowledge of behaviour management strategies.
• A good understanding of SEND.
• Expertise in teaching and leading a core subject.
• Excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum.
• Knowledge of Child Protection Law, practice and processes.
• Aware of current educational thinking, research and initiatives, nationally and locally.
Further details are contained in the job description.
As part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust, the successful candidate will benefit from:
• an exciting opportunity to play a crucial role in shaping the future education of our pupils and of the academy
• being part of a committed and enthusiastic team of staff
• pupils who are eager to learn
• leadership development
• partnership working with other Trust leaders and academies
About Holmbush Primary Academy
All children are unique and have individual learning needs. Children are always learning from their experiences whether at home or at school, inside or outside. At Holmbush we pride ourselves on identifying your child’s learning preferences and enabling them to achieve without limits. Learning through experience is vital for every child and at Holmbush we engage and nurture our pupils, enabling them to explore in a secure and stimulating environment.
- Hawkins Crescent, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex, BN43 6TN
- Holmbush Primary Academy website (opens in a new window)